The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Do You Like Dubya?, or, Hindsight is 20/20 (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16684)

Elspode 02-22-2008 08:12 AM

Do You Like Dubya?, or, Hindsight is 20/20

Real simple concept, here. Do you like George W Bush? Think he's the greatest President since Truman, or the worst President since Hoover?

Let's judge the Conservative/Liberal temperature of The Cellar!

TheMercenary 02-22-2008 08:17 AM

But I like it with butter and there was no choice for that, so like the President, I made a choice based on the next best thing.

Elspode 02-22-2008 08:53 AM

Too many variables...but I totally get the "all the choices sucked, so I took what I thought was the least sucky at the time" thing.

That's why "I like popcorn" is there. Which, in reality, is one more choice than we get for the Presidential elections.

DanaC 02-22-2008 09:16 AM

I found it difficult too.....cuase I don't believe in God or the creation...but if there was a God and he had created the earth I'm pretty sure he'd be pissed off.

lookout123 02-22-2008 09:49 AM

I voted for popcorn. I don't know this was well designed to gauge the conservative/liberal temperature of the cellar. an awful lot of conservatives aren't very fond of ol' geedub. if you're just asking if i would vote for him over Kerry all over again... yeah, unfortunately i would.

glatt 02-22-2008 10:10 AM

So far, with only 9 votes, the poll is mirroring national public opinion polls fairly closely.

Flint 02-22-2008 10:18 AM

People like popcorn that much?

Shawnee123 02-22-2008 10:26 AM

My answer was a no-brainer for me. And I really really really like popcorn, so for my chosen answer to be chosen, I had to agree with it more than I love all that is popcorn and all popcorn accessories. :corn:

Undertoad 02-22-2008 10:48 AM

History will judge him better than the present does, but not that much better.

Giant Salamander 02-22-2008 11:02 AM

I'm not fond of popcorn, but amongst those choices, it's like an unopened candy bar lodged in a pile of crap. Though I still wouldn't eat it...unless it were a Twix. Then I'd have to think on it a bit.
With so many people following the "Left" and "Right" Rule Books, down to "how we wipe our ass," I fail to see the difference between that sort of blind zealotry and some crazed fanatic that blows himself up in a marketplace.

"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is."
- Mohandas Gandhi

Shawnee123 02-22-2008 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giant Salamander (Post 434184)
With so many people following the "Left" and "Right" Rule Books, down to "how we wipe our ass," I fail to see the difference between that sort of blind zealotry and some crazed fanatic that blows himself up in a marketplace.

I'm confused with what this has to do with our thoughts about the Dubya presidency. If one thinks he is an awful president then one is a zealot? Just looking for clarification.

Giant Salamander 02-22-2008 11:29 AM

It was just the "all your eggs in one basket" bit.
Also, the coffee.

Trilby 02-22-2008 11:38 AM

I do not like King George, never have. He's just waaaaaaay too smug.

And stupit.

Shawnee123 02-22-2008 11:43 AM

What eggs and what basket? There are two baskets to choose from (disregarding all the popcorn): the 'likin' the Dub basket' and 'the not likin' the Dub basket.' I put my single Dub egg into the not likin' the Dub basket. Left, Right, or Middle, religion, politics, or fanaticism are all irrelevant to the initial question.

I guess I'm just missing the point. That's ok, I can be dense. ;)

Giant Salamander 02-22-2008 12:16 PM

Heh, I can be vague and aloof. There are 2 baskets...but you can't pick which eggs to go in which baskets; it's always either "like everything he's done" or "hate everything he's done"...though, now that I think about it, I'm not sure I'd put any eggs in the "like" basket...oh well.