The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Cash/Check/Credit/Debit (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20425)

monster 06-07-2009 11:21 PM

Cash/Check/Credit/Debit

What was the last thing you bought using each on these payment methods, and when?

cash: three days ago, tickets for ice cream social at school
check: coupls of weeks ago, swim team fees for kids and pool rental
credit: today, groceries
debit: couple of weeks ago, groceries, used debit to get cash back

ZenGum 06-07-2009 11:30 PM

Cash: lunch on Friday ... fried eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms on toast, with coffee and juice.
Cheque (shame on you Monnie, going native): hahahahaha
Credit: autopayment for communications bill.
debit: carpet for living room floor, 6 weeks ago.

Bullitt 06-07-2009 11:35 PM

Cash: a couple new pens for class; last week.
Check: RITA payment of a whopping $3.14; weeks ago.
Credit: new paintball stuff Tippmann A-5, stock, trigger, barrel, camo pants, etc. etc.; last week.
Debit: dinner at local Mexican restaurant; last night.

Pie 06-07-2009 11:40 PM

cash: group lunch for admin assistant on Friday
check: cleaning ladies last Wednesday
credit: lunch today
debit: ??? it's been years, I think. What with the cash back on my Amex, I don't bother.

Juniper 06-08-2009 12:44 AM

Cash: ice cream at the little dairy bar on main street, Friday.
Check: paid $20 on daughter's school lunch account, which conveniently ran out 4 days before the end of the school year (it carries over, of course).
Credit: some groceries--I use my "cash back" credit card and pay off every month.
Debit: $200 withdrawal from ATM last weekend; I have about $25 left.

xoxoxoBruce 06-08-2009 12:58 AM

Checks if it's mailed.
Cash for everything else.

Sundae 06-08-2009 04:40 AM

Cheque: I'm not allowed them
Credit: I'm not allowed it
Debit: I'm not allowed it
Cash: this morning at the supermarket

:o

Was up at 03.42 (bad night) and at 05.00 went to check the cashpoint to see if my benefit was through. It was. So went to the supermarket at 07.30 (when the buses started running). Essentials only* I just wanted to be in a warm light place with other people.

*Fizzy water IS an essential as it keeps me from drinking. As I get through 2 x 2litre bottles a day it's just as well it's only 12p!

DucksNuts 06-08-2009 05:20 AM

Cheque: Not that popular over here anymore, except for the *cockies* (farmers) or business owners. I havent had cheques for years.

Credit: I've just consolidated my credit card debit, gone from 12k on 3 cards to 1 card with 6k limit and 0 balance at the moment. :) I use my plastic daily though and basically just pay my wages off it each week. The reward points are great.

Debit: an ATM card? I use this daily, small purchases, cash withdrawals.

Cash: Daily coffee, lunch on days that I dont take it, today to buy Ice Creams.

DanaC 06-08-2009 05:46 AM

Hmmm...

Cash: the shop yesterday to buy cigarettes and toilet paper
Cheque: haven't used cheques in years
Credit Card: cut up my credit cards several years ago, am still paying off the balance.
Debit Card: yesterday, bought a download of 'The Eight Truths', which is a Big Finish Doctor Who audio play :P

glatt 06-08-2009 08:28 AM

Cash: Yesterday at CVS to buy a father's day card and an updated road atlas of the area to replace my 20 year old one.
Check: Not in several years, my wife writes the checks to pay the bills.
Credit: Last week, buying gas.
Debit: I have never used a debit card. Except I think my ATM card is also a debit card, and I use that once or twice a month to get cash from my bank. I got cash last week.

jinx 06-08-2009 10:25 AM

Cash - Coffee, yesterday
Check - Paid for Dennis, last year, was annoyed breeder didn't take credit...
Credit - Can't remember...
Debit - Groceries, last thursday

Undertoad 06-08-2009 10:43 AM

Cash: pint of nonfat milk and four pints of water (I get dehydrated playing out)
Check: rare, but repair people like them... repair of air conditioning for the house
Credit: salads for everybody! and they forgot to make it debit so I signed.
Debit: fuel-up at the Wawa (for you non philly people, it is the finest convenience store chain on the planet)

Clodfobble 06-08-2009 12:59 PM

Cash: No idea. I did use it a couple of months ago to give change to some dude who came to buy things I posted on craigslist.
Check: monthly bills
Credit: grocery store this morning--we put absolutely everything on the cards and pay them off each month.
Debit: Never. No one gets permission to take money directly out of my bank account. If there's a mistake, it's my problem to get my money back. If there's a mistake on the credit card, it's their problem to make me pay it.

DanaC 06-08-2009 01:18 PM

Oh...by debit did you mean Direct Debit mandates? Cause if so I have about £150 a month assorted DDs. I assumed you meant debit card.

sweetwater 06-08-2009 01:23 PM

Cash: ice cream at a fast food place after taking the pups to the vet so they each got a little bit, then we ate the rest
Check: water bill (they can't do e-pay or auto debit :right: )
Credit: this morning for online purchase - LED flashlights for an upcoming camping trip
Debit: groceries a week ago, to get some cash back