The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Good news, bad news (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16582)

morethanpretty 07-11-2008 10:39 AM

Good news: I'm working less so I have more time to rest.
Bad news: I'm working less so I have less money.

footfootfoot 07-11-2008 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 468134)
The good news is I found the reason for the error on the disk. It turns out that Windows has a fatal flaw in the translation of filenames on the disk and in the master boot record. It's an uncommon set of circumstances.

The bad news is to get rid of it you have to backup the volume, minus the offending file, format the volume, and restore the backup. Holy crap!

Computers: Can't live with 'em, can't marry 'em. No that's not it. Women! Can't live with 'em, can't reboot 'em. No, that ain't it neither. Computers: Iron my shirt dammit! Nope, I feel I'm gettin off the scent here...

jinx 07-11-2008 08:25 PM

Good news: Jim wants to get me a new laptop. Woohoo!
Bad news: He doesn't want to get me the laptop I want. Booo!

Clodfobble 07-11-2008 10:45 PM

The bad news is, both kids were complete freaking sleep-deprived nutcases this afternoon.

The good news is, they were both in bed passed out at 7:30. Sweet!

xoxoxoBruce 07-11-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 468474)
Good news: Jim wants to get me a new laptop. Woohoo!
Bad news: He doesn't want to get me the laptop I want. Booo!

And you would have us believe, you can't persuade him to get what you want? Balderdash! :headshake

SteveDallas 07-12-2008 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 468496)
The bad news is, both kids were complete freaking sleep-deprived nutcases this afternoon.

The good news is, they were both in bed passed out at 7:30. Sweet!

I salute you.... my kids have never used up so much energy that they actually went to bed early.

Clodfobble 07-12-2008 10:49 AM

Well, the baby was up again at midnight, so she doesn't really count. And the toddler was going on three days in a row without a nap. He almost fell asleep on the dinner table.

morethanpretty 07-13-2008 04:27 PM

Good news: Getting a chest of drawers
Bad news: Its late :(

Sundae 07-13-2008 04:36 PM

Good news - everyone who commented on my hair in the pub liked it (except our resident sarky bastard - and I'd have been terrified if he complimented me)

Bad news - my Mum's comment on the photo:
"Not sure about the colour myself... Always preferred you with a lighter colour and at least one highlight to give it a buzz."

Clodfobble 08-08-2008 10:34 AM

The bad news is... I got totally cowed by a door-to-door salesman the other day. He was the type who just would not stop unless I shut the door in his face mid-sentence, and I was having a bad day which, sadly, always makes me less confrontational rather than more. I just could not bring myself to yell at him to get off my damn porch, and ended up actually buying some of his shit just to make him go away. After he was gone I was so mad at myself I almost cried.

The good news is... I'm selling that crap on craigslist, and I already have a buyer coming tonight for at least half of it. I considered even trying to make a profit, but instead I just listed it for what I paid.

BigV 08-12-2008 12:11 PM

The good news is that I am no longer unwell.

The bad news is that the weight loss, while substantial and welcome (after the fact, but not during), will almost certainly turn out to be temporary.

BigV 08-12-2008 12:12 PM

The good news is that our house has become 20% bigger.

The bad news is that I miss our BelovedDaughter (a little) already.

Flint 08-12-2008 12:27 PM

awww :( little baby girl

Tink 08-12-2008 12:42 PM

She's leavin' tracks too. Just hope she avoids the police radar on that long, straight stretch of road. They hide behind the grain silos.:smack:

morethanpretty 08-12-2008 01:17 PM

The good news is my professor is a softie and gave me a bit more time on my paper.
More good news is I called work and I don't have to be there until 4.
Even more good news is I got an "A" on my second test, so now I just have to pass the third to get at least a "B" in the course
Bad news is I've had no sleep in two days.
More bad news, I'm not working on my paper like I should.
Even worse news is, I still haven't signed up for fall semester.