The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Bomb Threat At My Kid's School! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27041)

monster 03-14-2012 06:34 PM

Bomb Threat At My Kid's School!

yawn.....

I'm sure I'm wrong to be so blase about it, but there was one a few weeks ago at a nearby middle school that led to a delayed start of the school day, and we had them all the time growing up. Hours spent on the tennis courts while they searched the building while someone was supposed to be taking an exam........

Plus The Kid in question won't be there on Friday, the day specified in the threat -which was left scrawled on a bathroom wall on Tuesday. So "I'm alright, Jack"

I know, they have procedures to follow just in case.... but rly? so glad this is the day we are missing.

piercehawkeye45 03-14-2012 06:36 PM

Had around four or five when I as in Middle and High School. Even had one in college...

Dumb.

ZenGum 03-14-2012 06:58 PM

Clone threat : :bong:

Aliantha 03-14-2012 07:36 PM

Wow, we never had them when I was in school, and I've never heard of it happening around here at schools.

You crazy yankees!

limey 03-14-2012 07:44 PM

Happened all the time in the UK when I was growing up.

Griff 03-14-2012 07:51 PM

They had a string of them at a neighboring High School a few years back. The Principal put everyone in the soccer bleachers to "keep them safe" until things got sorted out. Friends ratted the kid out a half hour or so after school was supposed to end for the day. No more bomb threats.

ZenGum 03-14-2012 08:13 PM

What if they put the bomb under the soccer bleachers?

Lamplighter 03-14-2012 08:16 PM

If a parent drove it there, it would be a soccer-bomb.

HungLikeJesus 03-14-2012 08:51 PM

When I grew up, bomb meant very good, excellent, the best; "cool"; "awesome", so there were lots of misunderstandings.

Clodfobble 03-14-2012 08:54 PM

One time a kid called in a bomb threat in my high school... except the dumbass did it from the payphone inside the school building. Not only did the office staff recognize the number on caller ID, but the phone was visible from the office windows. They had a hand on his arm before he even finished the call.

ZenGum 03-14-2012 08:57 PM

re: Clod's story ...

:lol2:

:smack:

:facepalm:

:jail:

infinite monkey 03-15-2012 12:22 PM

I don't think we ever had one bomb threat. The worst I ever remember were occasional fist fights. I'd say those big old farm boys didn't need fancy schmancy weapons, and if they wanted a day off school they'd just go plow something.

Or, sometimes I think I went to school in the 50s.

Gravdigr 03-15-2012 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 801510)
Clone threat : :bong:

I'm kinda surprised that someone would joke about this, and that I would be the one to talk sense at a time like this, but:

Bongs are not a joking matter. Empty bongs are not empty threats.

Empty bongs are sad.:sniff:

Now, back to the other thing.:p:

infinite monkey 03-15-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 801638)
I'm kinda surprised that someone would joke about this, and that I would be the one to talk sense at a time like this, but:

Bongs are not a joking matter. Empty bongs are not empty threats.

Empty bongs are sad.:sniff:

Now, back to the other thing.:p:

Honestly Grav, I tried to reply to that, to add some levity...but it was just... too painful (starts wailing and gnashing teeth again.)

Oh the humanity!

kerosene 03-16-2012 12:43 PM

I don't think we ever had a bomb threat when I was in school. The worst thing we ever had was a kid brought a gun to high school and from then on, there were cops always monitoring the hallways.
I do remember a suspicious package at a place I worked once. It was around that time when people were getting anthrax in the mail.