The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   good music on youtube (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13372)

Griff 04-14-2015 06:00 AM

hair pulled so tight you can see her skeleton

Excellent!

edit: The second cut was even better!

Undertoad 04-17-2015 06:39 PM

presented without comment

Gravdigr 04-18-2015 02:43 PM

I made it 29 seconds.

Quote:

Let's make a salad, and cry.
Noped right the fuck on outta there, I did.

ETA: Not brought on by this particular tune, but, apparently, I no longer enjoy music.

Clodfobble 04-18-2015 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 926177)
presented without comment

This is it. This is the best thing that will ever be. Everyone go home, shut down the internet. It's over.

DanaC 04-19-2015 05:11 AM

Totally bizarre.

Doesn't he look completely different with buzzed hair?

Clodfobble 04-19-2015 08:06 AM

If you mean moderately attractive instead of repulsive, then yes.

I like how obvious it is that he thought he was prepared for how much the tattoo would hurt, but wasn't. There's a moment where he subtly glances off to the side in an "oh shit, seriously?" kind of way.

footfootfoot 04-19-2015 08:53 AM

I have a general music question that I will put here. It relates to live music.

Last night I went out to meet some friends in a local tavern, there was a band of some local musicians that my musician friends thought were good. The music was so loud it I found it painful, I couldn't even hear what they were playing even though they were familiar covers of Zeppelin, the Stones, and so on. People I was with said it was loud but not uncomfortable, there were even people sitting about ten feet away from them. I was in another room (the place had an L shaped layout, the band was in the banquet room part of the L) and it was still so loud I couldn't hear any conversation, but it wasn't painful at least.

It was staring at the sun kind of pain. Why the fuck is the music so fucking loud? Do people think if they are louder they are better? Are they deaf as posts? Have they thought of using a decibel meter to set the volume at a comfortable level, like we do with thermostats for heat?

It's not because I'm getting old. I hated too loud music even when I was young.

Clodfobble 04-19-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 926259)
Are they deaf as posts?

Relatively, yes. I never go see live music without earplugs.

glatt 04-19-2015 10:49 AM

I wear earplugs to all concerts too

infinite monkey 04-19-2015 12:17 PM

I wear eyepatches when I go to the art museum.

No, seriously, I can't stand 'loud' either. Noise in general can drive me bonkers. Something as silly as the stupid little mutt next door who sounds like a dying calf in a hailstorm when she barks, which is now all the time as they hook her up outside and I can't even come home without hearing the yappity yap yap howl noise. And I generally like critters.

I've always heard that many bands play so loud because they're not very good and they imagine it masks their imperfections. That's generally been my experience too.

infinite monkey 04-19-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 926227)
I made it 29 seconds.

Noped right the fuck on outta there, I did.

ETA: Not brought on by this particular tune, but, apparently, I no longer enjoy music.

Well, to be fair to you, I wouldn't exactly call whatever that was "music." I made it about five seconds then moved ahead to another scene where dude was dancing in a nude body suit...and I too noped on outta there. :rolleyes:

glatt 04-19-2015 01:16 PM

I got a kick out of it and sent the link to my wife and kids. Strange can be good as long as it's not repulsive strange.

infinite monkey 04-19-2015 01:48 PM

'Repulsive' is subjective. ;)

Gravdigr 04-19-2015 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 926259)
Have they thought of using a decibel meter to set the volume at a comfortable level...

Spoken like a true old man.

:p:

I'll get off your lawn, now.

There are different louds. Clean Loud is good. Fuzzy Loud is ok, sometimes. Just Plain Loud, not so much. A lot of, ahem, 'music' just doesn't come across well when played loudly.

DanaC 04-20-2015 04:53 AM

This kid is beyond awesome. Seven or eight years old. The prelim is all in Norwegian, so apols for that. She starts singing around 1.14.

In another round she tackled Billie Holiday