The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Funny/Embarrassing things they say (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7842)

Deuce 01-29-2007 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitheral (Post 310929)
My daughter (2) has a very unhelpful set of responses when she hurts her self and we ask her where she hurts:

Quote:

Over there ---> *points to floor*

Fell down "over there"
Quote:

In the kitchen.

Bonked her head on the counter "in the kitchen"
Quote:

At the door.

Pinched her finger "At the door."
Quote:

Sometimes she's stopped crying before we figure out what the problem is.

Two year olds move fast, you've got to move faster. :)

Phil 01-29-2007 01:10 PM

oh mum! you look as camp as a butcher's dog!

rkzenrage 01-29-2007 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 311137)
I've watched it and have no clue. Who knows what is going on in his head?

Yeah, we have them all and I watched it... I could not get a clue at all. I have a three year old also, so I thought I may gain some insight because I spend some time interpreting... but, alas, no.
Perhaps it's code for something.

Bullitt 01-30-2007 01:18 AM

A kid in my kindergarten class today was trying to draw a lady stick figure. He made it pretty tall and disfigured then turned to me and said "She's tall for a lady, that's because she's really a man!"

SteveDallas 02-04-2007 07:32 PM

"Is that a man or a woman?"

--Young Master Dallas, watching the Artiste Formerly Known as Prince at the Superbowl halftime show.

Hoof Hearted 02-04-2007 10:18 PM

Dude looks like a lady?

Cloud 02-04-2007 11:15 PM

I just want to know what those bunny ear things on his head were

Ibby 02-05-2007 07:31 PM

That was the best fuckin' show, but the worst fuckin' hair!

My sister asked the same of David Bowie in labyrinth. Actually, it was 'whos dat lady mommy?'

missaminus 02-10-2007 06:01 PM

My 14 yr old is big-time grounded (don't ask), but there was an all-girl party/sleepover coming up last weekend, and we were talking in the kitchen about the conditions under which she could go. I told her facetiously that despite the fact that she is grounded, it would be nice to be rid of her for a night so I could have some peace and quiet.

Two minutes later, my 11 yr old son is on the phone talking to his friend's dad asking if he can come over to their house to play. He says, "can I come over? My mom wants to get rid of me!" I was sooo embarrassed!

monster 02-11-2007 03:20 PM

NAAPID in school tomorrow. Each class is studying a "lesser-known" African American person in history for a presentation to the rest of the school. We asked our kindergartner who his class was studying, to which the reply was "all of them"!

(Nation African American Parent Involvement Day)

monster 02-17-2007 10:39 PM

I asked Thor to pass me a beer from the fridge (well that's why we have them isn't it?). He brought me an apple.

Perry Winkle 02-18-2007 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 316713)
I asked Thor to pass me a beer from the fridge (well that's why we have them isn't it?). He brought me an apple.

Hah, think that's a sign?

monster 02-18-2007 08:47 PM

Could be....

Today beest was helping Thor with his science fair project -Metal or Not Metal. It involves testing things with a metal detector. (Well he is still in Kindergarten). So he was preparing a list of things to test and predicting the outcomes. After a few testing sessions, he's getting an idea of what is metal and what isn't, so all of things he was choosing to test were things he thought would be metal (so exciting to hear the "beep"). Beest was making a few non-metal suggestions. They had just shovelled the snow, so one suggestion was sidewalk. Thor did not want to test the sidewalk. Why not? Because some of it is metal and some isn't. Expecting some keen observation about water shut-off access points and the like beest asked "Which parts do you think are metal?" "The robot bits"

Sidewalks

Cyborgs

:smack:

He scares me. He's the only one of us who could be the president of the United States. Let's hope he decides he want to be a lumberjack or something.....

footfootfoot 02-18-2007 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 316851)
He scares me. He's the only one of us who could be the president of the United States. Let's hope he decides he want to be a lumberjack or something.....

:kneeslapping:

footfootfoot 02-18-2007 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 301430)
Several times while watching Thomas the Tank engine, inch has ordered me out of the room while a particular episode is playing. He gets very agitated and is emphatic about me going away. It is the episode with a big elephant being carted around. I am going to watch it later and see what it's about.

Very odd. All the others he doesn't mind me being around, and the one where Fergus has to go to the smelter, gets him scared and he insists that I stand by.

It's my own personal WTF?

At Labrat's suggestion I waited for an opportune time and asked him. He said it was because they were having a party. (Fair enough, he has a reason.) "The party isn't for you," he continued. "The party is just for me."

So the movie and the party are just for him.