The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Intelligent Footballers? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=15186)

Aliantha 08-25-2007 04:53 AM

Intelligent Footballers?

I just heard a comentator say, "[the coach] must question the intelligence of some of his players..."

OK, what planet does this guy come from? Oh, that's right, he's an ex footballer himself.

Yeah yeah I know there are some smart ones out there, but they're pretty few and far between. Any coach that doesn't realize he needs to put things as simply as possible has probably had too many head knocks himself.

Aliantha 08-25-2007 05:01 AM

Here's something else from the same match. I acutally thought I'd post this for jimbo. The team is 'The Roosters' and one of their supporters has a large banner which says, "We'll beat you with our cocks".

TheMercenary 08-25-2007 05:40 AM

My oldest child just left 2 years at Univ of South Carolina, the Gamecocks. The wife went up to visit her last year and came home with a shirt to wear at the gym. The front says in big red letters,
COCKS. :D

Griff 08-25-2007 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 378282)
I just heard a comentator say, "[the coach] must question the intelligence of some of his players..."

OK, what planet does this guy come from? Oh, that's right, he's an ex footballer himself.

Yeah yeah I know there are some smart ones out there, but they're pretty few and far between. Any coach that doesn't realize he needs to put things as simply as possible has probably had too many head knocks himself.

I played futbol with a guy who got an academic free ride to Harvard.... course I heard he boozed his way out.

DanaC 08-25-2007 06:24 AM

futbol?

Aliantha 08-25-2007 06:25 AM

Ummm...typo? lol

Griff 08-25-2007 06:28 AM

South American spelling, reduces confusion over which game we're talking about... or so I thought.

DanaC 08-25-2007 06:30 AM

ahhh. Sorry. For a second I thought it was some other way of spelling Fussbal (don't know how to produce the esset on this keyboard). Why I thought someone might get a scholarship for playing table football I really can't answer :P

Aliantha 08-25-2007 06:30 AM

Well personally, I thought you were making a joke about the intelligence of most footballers...in keeping with the thread title and all. lol

Perry Winkle 08-25-2007 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 378301)
My oldest child just left 2 years at Univ of South Carolina, the Gamecocks. The wife went up to visit her last year and came home with a shirt to wear at the gym. The front says in big red letters,

How do you keep a Gamecock from masturbating?

Paint their junk orange, they will only beat it once every five years.

(my brother plays American football at Clemson)

minnmirman 08-27-2007 08:07 PM

Ive always thought that other people talk way cooler than I do, and this thread is proof. 'Footballer' is way cooler than soccer player, head knocks is infinitesmally (take that!) better than 'header'

Other than that I have nothing productive to add to this thread

DanaC 08-27-2007 08:19 PM

head knocks? wtf is a head knock?

btw: infinitesimally

minnmirman 08-27-2007 08:45 PM

haha wow I was under the impression that I had created that word

dar512 08-27-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 378301)

Years ago I bought a bumber sticker at the bookstore there. It proudly says, "You can't beat our cocks!"

wolf 08-28-2007 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar512 (Post 379094)
Years ago I bought a bumber sticker at the bookstore there. It proudly says, "You can't beat our cocks!"

You put it on your umbrella?

(I love typingdyslexia)