The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Creative Expression (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Figure Skating? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17069)

monster 04-19-2008 10:30 PM

Figure Skating?

Well it's more creativew expression than sport for me... still crap either way, but I thought you might like a laugh...... 10yo daughter was videologist

skysidhe 04-19-2008 11:17 PM

I would have loved to see them but they are not working.

xoxoxoBruce 04-20-2008 12:45 AM

They work for me?

Clodfobble 04-20-2008 04:17 PM

I got the first one, but not the second.

Just goes to show how spoiled I am by only ever having seen professionals do stuff like this--I will admit, my very first reaction was, "what tiny little jumps," which was then followed immediately by a mental slap across the face, "What the hell do you think would happen if you hopped in ice skates like that? Oh yeah, that's right, you'd fall on your ass, because that's what happens when you just stand there in ice skates, and there doesn't even have to be ice involved. Don't be such a fucking elitist."

And obviously the abusive side of me is right--your accomplishments are indeed impressive without having to be Michelle Kwan. Didn't you say you got some sort of specific certification for being able to perform that skill?

monster 04-20-2008 04:45 PM

The jump is on Basic 8 -the badge I am currently working for -and yes, that's a passable "jump" :lol:

The spiral and lunge were on Basic 6 -those were not particularly impressive examples- and i'm now working on an assisted spiral -where you grab the blade :eek:

Sundae 04-20-2008 06:27 PM

Monster that's so cool!
Yay you.
I can (barely) skate and the idea of doing something like that terrifies me - at some point after I hit puberty I lost my capacity for being physically brave.

Do you get Dancing on Ice over there?
It amazes me. I couldn't watch the last series as HM strongly disapproves of celeb/reality tv and I have to save my tokens for Big Brother, but it does make my jaw drop every time.

skysidhe 04-20-2008 07:03 PM

Yeah there were grey screens the other day but today there is a figure skating for like 9 seconds! what a tease! Just about the time you settle down watching they're over.*pout*
:)

monster 11-03-2011 05:35 PM

Oh my, maybe I should bite the bullet and have someone video me now. It doesn't feel like I've progressed much, but looking back at those, I guess I have. I don't jump much higher, but I have more confidence and I feel it shows.

limey 11-04-2011 04:40 AM

Oh oh please do!

monster 01-17-2012 10:36 PM

ok I have some, but I hate them......

I've moved from wearing jeans and a cardi because they're too restrictive/hot... to t-shirt and lycra pants....... which more than negate my loss of weight.... ugh.

And I can see the quality difference, but I'm not sure anyone else will. :(