The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Looks like I'm doing it again (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=30617)

Gravdigr 01-13-2015 01:59 PM

Looks like I'm doing it again

Well, once more it appears that I cannot say anything without fucking people up in some way or another. So I'm going to give you guys a break from me for a while. It seems like everything I post is picked apart for ammo to try to show me as ignorant, stupid, or just less in general. I can only assume that I've pissed you off to the point that this is how you feel.

It's tiresome. You find me tiresome.

It is what it is. Yeah, no. YOLO. Whatthefuckever.

Later.

xoxoxoBruce 01-13-2015 02:07 PM

Remember, if someone disagrees with you that doesn't mean you are wrong.
Also, they may not be disagreeing with you, but actually agreeing by building on your statement.

lumberjim 01-13-2015 02:15 PM

Let's ALL leave!

Undertoad 01-13-2015 02:34 PM

I beg people to pick me apart and they refuse!

lumberjim 01-13-2015 02:35 PM

I don't.

faggot

Clodfobble 01-13-2015 02:36 PM

It's just the winter blues fucking with your head, Grav. Drink a little, smoke a little, and have a giant steak for dinner, and you'll feel better in no time.

limey 01-13-2015 03:27 PM

Clod's right. Stay, please!

Sent by thought transference

glatt 01-13-2015 03:28 PM

If you're sick of us, then maybe a break is a good idea. But if you think we are sick of you, you're wrong.

Oops. Maybe I shouldn't have said you're wrong. Not trying to dig at you. ;p

Carruthers 01-13-2015 03:39 PM

Come on Grav, if you go there will be spaces in threads with only tumbleweed to fill them.

Can't have that. It upsets the natural order of things.

Happy Monkey 01-13-2015 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 918995)
Well, once more it appears that I cannot say anything without fucking people up in some way or another.

You regularly post with a strong position on hot-button issues. I'm not certain why you would be surprised to get pushback occasionally. Don't mistake a critique of your post with an attack on you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 919005)
I beg people to pick me apart and they refuse!

As proprietor, no matter how much you try to avoid it, there's going to be some residual deference.

Plus, you tend towards "a pox on both their houses" opinions, which aren't quite as fun to pick apart as strident ones. And, when you do pick a side, I usually agree.

DanaC 01-13-2015 05:09 PM

Is this because I responded to your 'free college' cartoon? Because that was not meant to pick anything apart - nor get at you. I just responded to your post with my own opinion.

Griff 01-13-2015 08:56 PM

There were a couple conversations going on the god thread. It was interesting but then it got insulting... Grav actually wrote a pretty good defense of his thinking. <shrug>

infinite monkey 01-13-2015 08:58 PM

Not sure what happened, but I do know Grav is a favorite around here. He's witty and fun and has some opinions. Maybe he's also a bit sensitive. Gee, I can't relate to that. ;)

We luvz ya, man.

sexobon 01-13-2015 09:32 PM

He's upset because the Dweller NSFW thread is defunct.

Happy Monkey 01-13-2015 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 919043)
There were a couple conversations going on the god thread. It was interesting but then it got insulting...

Gravdigr tried to call out Pico and ME for being elitist or arrogant or something, and then was insulted when I pointed out that Pico and ME wasn't saying what Gravdigr thought.

And it sounds like you may be reading my use of "immature brains" the same way Gravdigr read Pico and ME's. For clarity's sake, I would like to mention that I was using the phrase in the same way that Clodfobble was - a brain not capable of understanding everything in the universe, in other words a human brain.