The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What do you picture when I say.... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26270)

infinite monkey 11-10-2011 07:06 AM

Someone who might want to think about changing their name to something that americans won't laugh at?

:bolt:

(I see some weird...to me anyway...names. How would you like the first name Dildo? OK, that isn't it exactly but it's darn close and I shouldn't say since it might be the only person in the country with that first name and I could get busted.) :lol:

glatt 11-10-2011 07:32 AM

Shitmen?

I picture a small group of guys. Maybe 5 or 6, standing around wearing overalls and hard hats. A couple of them have shovels. They all have head lamps. I guess they look a lot like miners. One of them is tall and skinny, one is a bit plump. There's some sort of ethnic guy in there, and a guy who looks like groundskeeper Willie. And finally a handsome one. I've only got a vague notion of what it is they do. Something with the sewers underground. But the important thing is that they fight for us. They fight crime and corruption. Oh, and there is a work truck with weird equipment on it. And they are dirty and don't smell so good.

infinite monkey 11-10-2011 07:53 AM

Every now and then they break into song.

Sometimes they touch on important social issues, like if Shitman 2 should let his daughter go on the pill, or if Shitman 4 should get tested for AIDS after his encounter with the bartender at Regular's (their after work hangout.) Polly Ips is a remnant of the old country with a heart of gold and a razor-sharp wit. Her oft-repeated phrase "Who gives a shit?" has spawned a merchandising franchise rivaled only by "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

"Tonight, on a very special Shitmen..."

It's a drama, a comedy, a musical...it's a Dramedyical!

glatt 11-10-2011 08:03 AM

There's lots of sneaking around. But it's easy for them, because of course the sewers lead everywhere. And they aren't those little 6 inch wide drain pipes. The sewers in shitmen's city are all human sized. And there are doors that lead from the sewers into all the different buildings.

They all had dreams for more from life, but deep down in side, they know they are happiest as shitmen, because it's the only place where they can be accepted for who they are and what their talents are.

infinite monkey 11-10-2011 08:06 AM

"My daddy was a shitman, my grandpappy was a shitman, and his grandpappy before him. Shit's in our blood, son...you can't escape it."

glatt 11-10-2011 08:13 AM

Exactly! :D

infinite monkey 11-10-2011 08:16 AM

Thanks, glatt and I will be here all week. Try the 'shit on a shingle.'

:lol:

jimhelm 11-10-2011 08:30 AM

now this thread is moving! I'm losing.. but it's moving!

Beest 11-10-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 771537)
What do you PICTURE!?

A dustman
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_OLJ1m43rLvk/TC...5o/dustman.jpg

only with a metal bin.

Cause what they collected originally wasn't dust.

infinite monkey 11-10-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 771587)
now this thread is moving! I'm losing.. but it's moving!

You know what else has movement? Shitmen, that's what!

Clodfobble 11-10-2011 08:48 AM

Yeah, I picture human men with shit on them, or somehow involved in shit.

I do not picture walking shit creatures, which is what I'm guessing this beer debate is about: primarily men with shit characteristics, or primarily shit with man characteristics? Like Mr. Hanky!

Spexxvet 11-10-2011 08:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)

jimhelm 11-10-2011 08:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm going to concede defeat. The bet was first to 5, and I think kerosene has 5 now.

I pictured little army men made of shit.
Attachment 35243
She pictured guys like glatt described. I'm calling zen's snowshitmen one in my column..... but that's the only one. I was counting on foot and flint to see little shitmen...but they failed me.

I don't even remember how this came up... a typo, but i forget the context.

I owe her a beer or beers, I'm not sure which.

thanks for playing, cellar
edit: spex's goes in my column, but too late.

infinite monkey 11-10-2011 08:53 AM

How disappointing!

And how does something like that come up, anyway? :lol:

(I know we saved the thread, glatt...but shhhhhhhhhhhhh!)

jimhelm 11-10-2011 08:55 AM

I think you and glatt should continue your shitmen story, though... i was quite enjoying reading about them.