The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Sports (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Notice given (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=5581)

Undertoad 04-17-2004 04:41 PM

Notice given

The Flyers have beaten the Devils in the first round of the NHL playoffs, and thus it is safe to watch them again.

I cheated and watched today. There was a feeling of domination.

There was the sight of the winning goal being scored by Markov with assists by Zhamnov and Malakov, marking perhaps the first time in Flyers history that points were scored by players whose surnames end in "-ov". For Flyer fans, perhaps a true revolution at hand.

elSicomoro 04-17-2004 08:00 PM

I am cautiously optimistic.

Unless Montreal comes back to win their series, the Bruins are next. That could be a hell of a series.

warch 04-17-2004 08:44 PM

vewy intewesting.:) If Philly/ Bruins, I'll pull for the bears. If Montreal...I'll pull for the Flyers...yes indeed. (Habs are in the running for some cheap Oscars. Boo )

warch 04-17-2004 10:28 PM

Wait a minnit... I forgot about the reseeding stuff. Philly and Montreal wouldnt meet, itd be Toronto or Ottawa. I need a chart.

elSicomoro 04-17-2004 10:45 PM

If the Habs win Monday night, the Flyers will face the winner of the Sens/Leafs series. If Boston wins, the Flyers head to FleetCenter.

TB will take on either the Canadians (if they beat Boston) or Ottawa/Toronto (if Boston wins).

Make sense? :)

warch 04-19-2004 02:30 PM

I just like seeing you in type again.:)

elSicomoro 04-19-2004 10:31 PM

*bows*

Habs win!

Bring on one of those bastard Ontario teams!

warch 04-20-2004 05:04 PM

Calgary won! Thats pretty fucking cool.

Undertoad 05-04-2004 08:58 PM

Notice given part 2 - one of the most entertaining overtimes ever ended with a total beaut by hero Roenick, a guy whose face had to be reconstructed this season, and the Fly-boys advance to the semis, and at this point I have to ask vsp whether this represents enough to show the team is real. And worthy of attention.

phillybilly 05-05-2004 11:56 AM

FLYERS BABY!!!

Yeah the bolts may have beaten the Flyers all four times this year, but the playoff's are a WHOLE new animal....besides VERY few if any of the lightning have playoff experience and they have never gotten this far in the playoffs. I would say with their talent matched against the flyers grit & experience.....EVEN!

I call Flyers in 7.....then the cup in 6!!! (or seven if it's the sharks)

:rattat: take that maple leafs!!!

wolf 05-05-2004 12:21 PM

The Fly-Boys, being a Philly team, will suddenly suck ass a the worst possible moment.

I don't dislike the Flyers, mind you, I've just lived near Philadelphia long enough to understand the dynamic.

My 8th grade math teacher taught us coordinate plotting by having us generate a "graph" that when you connected the dots in the specified order was the Flyer's logo.

phillybilly 05-05-2004 01:07 PM

Who knows....

but it beats not making the playoffs at all.....NEVER understood the dynamic of that arguement......

Like people saying about the Eagles losing Three straight NFC championship games......would rather they got there and lost then be 3-13 again...anyone disagree????

:rattat: :finger: Take that maple leafs!!!

lumberjim 05-05-2004 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this was emailed to me with the subject " Free Leaf Blower!"

now, I have always wanted one of those, and free IS in my price range, so i rushed to open the attachment.......

phillybilly 05-07-2004 02:58 PM

Wasn't that guy.....

the orginal lead singer of Triumph??

I am VERY afraid to findout were you got that from....

Some things are better left unsaid :vomit:

Take that Devils....:shotgun: ......take that Leafs...:rattat:

And here's to ALL my new friends in Tampa....:finger:

Later!!!:joint:

elSicomoro 05-07-2004 04:23 PM

"Lay it on the line..." *sign of the beast in the air*