The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Let's talk about BigV's attitude (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=15315)

lumberjim 09-06-2007 12:58 PM

Let's talk about BigV's attitude

toward pointless fun threads. He's apparently very upset by them.

Cloud 09-06-2007 12:59 PM

I'm sure he doesn't like me much then.

wolf 09-06-2007 01:12 PM

I don't like littering either, Jimbo. Although I think the pointless threads thing is a lot more like taking a piss in the punchbowl.

While everyone at the party is watching.

LabRat 09-06-2007 01:16 PM

At least it's only in the punch, not all over the bar, dancefloor, parking lot, etc.

jinx 09-06-2007 01:16 PM

Urine big trouble now mister!

lumberjim 09-06-2007 01:24 PM

well..urine a moderator......merge them!

BigV 09-06-2007 01:31 PM

weed

DanaC 09-06-2007 01:32 PM

BigV I wish you'd stop saying that.....I ain't got any in:(

LabRat 09-06-2007 01:36 PM

need some weed seeds?

DanaC 09-06-2007 01:47 PM

The thing is...and I know this might be controversial...but I quite like the silly threads. I think this world could do with more silliness and a little less absurdity.

I do click on these threads to see if anyone's posted funny, or sharp responses. I like that there is a (in fact more than one) meta joke running through the Cellar across a length of time. I find that really funny. I like 'running jokes'. Now okay, some of them fall flat, some don't quite pull it off, but some are very funny.

If you see a thread with a bunch of alliteration and the name of a dwellar you pretty much know what kind of thread it is. I tend to ignore them when I first check in in the morning (that's how I start my day btw when I am not at uni:P ...coffee and Cellar for about an hour) I go for stuff I was following that has moved on overnight, but I do eventualy get around to it: usually when there's been a pattern of them emerging on the new posts list.

Kind of spoils the joke a little when everytime you click on one you just see the same word 'Weed'. It was funny the first couple of times I followed a link, but now I just don't want to click on the silly threads because I already know what's there. Thereby rendering them dull.

Oh well.

BigV 09-06-2007 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 382666)
--snip--
Kind of spoils the joke a little when everytime you click on one you just see the same word 'Weed'. It was funny the first couple of times I followed a link, but now I just don't want to click on the silly threads because I already know what's there. Thereby rendering them dull.

Oh well.

[mr burns]ehhhckss-elent![/mr burns]

It's working.

elSicomoro 09-06-2007 02:03 PM

I thought they were funny at first, but I think we might be reaching critical mass.

Spexxvet 09-06-2007 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 382630)
I don't like littering either, Jimbo. Although I think the pointless threads thing is a lot more like taking a piss in the punchbowl.

While everyone at the party is watching.

More like we're all at a party, and LJ tells wolf that there's something on her back - even though there isn't. Then Flint agrees that there's something on wolf's back, and I agree, and on and on.... Then BigV says "weed".

Wasn't that fun?

lumberjim 09-06-2007 02:06 PM

If I was a moderator, I would merge all of your butt cheeks together

monster 09-06-2007 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 382682)
More like we're all at a party, and LJ tells wolf that there's something on her back - even though there isn't. Then Flint agrees that there's something on wolf's back, and I agree, and on and on.... Then BigV says "weed".

Wasn't that fun?

depends where he weed.