The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What is pissing you off this time? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18362)

xoxoxoBruce 11-18-2013 11:51 AM

I didn't get an autostart ad, but I have ActiveX filtering turned on.

I agree if you have dozens, kept in the basement, they ain't pets, they're business, and it's cruel. :mad:

DanaC 11-18-2013 12:23 PM

Oh that pisses me off. Do they think that is going to get me to consider their products? One thing guaranteed to put me off a company (or a band - I'm looking at you, Vube) is an auto start advert/video/popup site.

xoxoxoBruce 11-18-2013 12:33 PM

Especially the ones that don't start right away, but wait until you've scrolled half way down the page. When they start you don't even know if you have to go up or down to find the little sucker and kill it. Best keep the sound turned off until you want to hear something, unless you're listening to music in parallel.

busterb 11-18-2013 10:08 PM

Nexus 7 came today. No quick-start guide or nuttin :bitching:

Gravdigr 11-19-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 883136)
We can only try not to repeat these performances for our children.

...or let our parents perform an encore on our children.

This is THE reason the Gravdigr has no children.

orthodoc 11-19-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 883869)
...or let our parents perform an encore on our children.

This ... the reason I no longer live within easy visiting distance of my mother.

Lamplighter 11-19-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

This ... the reason I no longer live within easy visiting distance of my mother.
My wife and I were fortunate that both sets of parents were good people
who welcomed the new DIL or SIL into the family.

But she and I have been in agreement for years that the best thing for our marriage
was living 1000+ miles away from them all the way thru til our kids were grown, and gone !

We highly recommend such an arrangement, regardless of in-law personalities.

xoxoxoBruce 11-19-2013 08:45 PM

I've found 300 miles is sufficient for the east coast, being the travel tends to be slower than the great wide open. 300 miles is close enough to get there if necessary, but way too far to drop in on a Sunday drive. ;)

My best time is 3hrs 57 minutes.

monster 11-20-2013 06:24 PM

I spent weeks making a ceramic platter to donate to the silent auction at the middle school. It came out of the kiln last night, looked really good. Since then some fucker chipped a huge chunk off it :( Sale is Friday so I can't replace in time :cry:

xoxoxoBruce 11-20-2013 09:14 PM

That's a drag, any way of tracking the culprit and treating them to a slow painful death? Somebody knows, start torturing people till one cracks. :spank:

monster 11-20-2013 10:08 PM

oh I know who it was

xoxoxoBruce 11-21-2013 12:27 AM

So I guess instead of immediate thermonuclear destruction, you're designing an insidious plan to create the most suffering from your reprisal. Cool.:yesnod:

glatt 11-21-2013 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 884007)
oh I know who it was

Did they do anything to try to make it right? At the very least, they should donate some cash to the school fundraiser.

monster 11-21-2013 10:39 PM

yeah, they did try to make it right. I think the repair is horrible and there's still a glaze chip missing. cash donation won't help.

shit happens. but it's ok to be p-d about it. It was my second bad day on the run. the auction people feel the repair is ok and will try to sell it anyway :/

today not as horrendous so far, but still 23 minutes left. tomorrow ....oh gawd State Swim Championships, can't even think about it. Hopefully I've already used up the entire family's ration of shitty for this week.

Undertoad 11-25-2013 08:29 AM

I ordered oil on Thursday morning, then they took $650 out of my debit account on Friday and completely did not deliver me any oil. They say they are delivering today or tomorrow. Can't they take my huge amount of money AFTER they've actually delivered? It would be a lot less alarming.