The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Creative Expression (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The Lumberjim Memorial Knitting Thread (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=15883)

jester 11-15-2007 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razzmatazz13 (Post 407209)
I dunno...that yarn looks pretty itchy......

I agree, do they really need another reason to scratch?

Clodfobble 11-15-2007 03:43 PM

Better not wear that around any cats... :eek:

Aliantha 11-17-2007 05:37 AM

this really could be a memorial thread now the jimbo seems to have cast off his lumberjim loser title. Ooops, I meant user.

I'll bet you (a fair bit) that he'll sign in as lumberjim sooner or later though. It'll just be (in his eyes) something pretty spectacular (maybe a terribly denigrating post towards Spex?) before he does.

So all you cellar lurkers...just wait! The spectacular 10K'th post is coming!

Razzmatazz13 08-24-2008 10:00 AM

I started a baby blanket for a friend a few weeks ago...and since EVERYONE has a story about the baby blanket they never finished...I'm dead set and determined to finish this thing by december, which if you'd seen my progress so far, I'm doing pretty well. Basically I carry this with me everywhere and work whenever I've got a down second. It's about 400 stitches across on size 5 needles (I've no idea how big that works out to be, and I intend on continuing to stitch until I feel it's long enough. I've got no design I'm working from, this is all from my head, the mom picked out the color of yarn I'm working with. :)

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...P8240053-1.jpg

As you can see I goofed the bottom edge, but I've decided I might cover that with a bit of fabric. I make EVERYONE look at it whenever I get another row done, so I'm sure you guys will be getting a lot of photos as I progress. Wish me luck!

SteveDallas 08-24-2008 10:29 AM

very nice!

HungLikeJesus 08-24-2008 10:32 AM

That penny looks photoshopped. Why does Lincoln have an afro?

limey 08-24-2008 10:57 AM

Cock!

1 Attachment(s)

classicman 08-24-2008 11:02 AM

Looks great - Just remember its easier to start than finish. keep up the good work.

warch 08-24-2008 02:54 PM

Is that perky rainbow cock mounted on a tuba mouthpiece?

Knitting is not to be dissed, nor weaving. : )
If you are stranded in the wilderness, deserted island, you can construct stuff: funky shelter, muklucks, hunting/fish nets, rafts, storage containers, ladders, fencing, hammock, strong rope, jaunty hats, stuffed bunnies.

Trilby 08-24-2008 03:46 PM

did lumberjim finally end it all?

Juniper 08-24-2008 04:12 PM

I don't knit - well, not very well. I did knit a scarf once. What an ordeal!

I do crochet, though.

And I've been known to be kind of nitpicky.

Details, not lice! :D

limey 08-24-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warch (Post 477875)
Is that perky rainbow cock mounted on a tuba mouthpiece?

Knitting is not to be dissed, nor weaving. : )
If you are stranded in the wilderness, deserted island, you can construct stuff: funky shelter, muklucks, hunting/fish nets, rafts, storage containers, ladders, fencing, hammock, strong rope, jaunty hats, stuffed bunnies.

Cornet mouthpiece (it's smaller than you think, warch!).

wolf 08-25-2008 11:50 AM

I can knit, but I'm not what you'd call an avid knitter. I have a bagfull of those fuzzy eyelash yarn scarves in a variety of colors, and there's an afghan I've been knitting since the mid-1980s. I yank it out of the closet every couple of years, do a handful of rows, remember why I don't like knitting and back into the bag it goes.

I'm much more of a crocheter ... which is part of how I'm spending my summer vacation ... One of my coworker's became a daddy just before I went on vacation, and since he hadn't returned from maternity leave before I left, I didn't even get a good start on the baby afghan that's my customary gift. Right now, though, I'm hoping that the words "weekend baby afghan" on the pattern are true rather than a come-on to make me buy the booklet. I have 8 days to finish it, so that should give me enough leeway.

This project has, however, caused me to stall on the already delayed Sycamore Wedding Afghan.

Razzmatazz13 08-25-2008 04:50 PM

I'm slowly becoming interested in crochet, mostly because it's easier and more fun looking than knitting...problem is I so enjoy teasing my boyfriend about wanting to learn it, that I can't bring myself to actually learn it yet. Apparently his older brother got all pissy when his mom taught his sister-in-law how to crochet, cause it takes over your life or something...so once I tire of teasing him about it, I'll probably get around to learning how to do it. :D

elSicomoro 09-04-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 478022)
This project has, however, caused me to stall on the already delayed Sycamore Wedding Afghan.

Just a reminder...our wedding anniversary is October 20th. :D