The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which one of you cowards is Ferd Sheed? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=31868)

Flint 04-14-2016 11:18 AM

Which one of you cowards is Ferd Sheed?

Bold move, blocking me from being able to comment on your "hilarious" racist, homophobic FB posts. Here's a pro-tip for being human: if I wasn't interested in hearing dissenting opinions, if I wanted to shelter myself in a false world where everybody always agreed with me, I'd block people like you from my feed. But that's not what I believe --I believe we can learn by interacting with those we disagree with. Key word being INTERACT. Actually acknowledging that these people exist and being willing to engage in a dialogue with them. If you can't tolerate that other opinions exist, or like Ferd Sheed, the cowardly lion, simply refuse to be exposed to them, then you suck as a human being.

Please turn off your computer and never return to the internet.

BigV 04-14-2016 11:37 AM

Facebook, as you well know, is a world class enabling technology for creating and perfecting one's own custom echo chamber.

It's a self-selecting, confirmation bias-reinforcing, tautological rabbit hole.

If you know that going in, you have a chance of getting out. Otherwise....

tw 04-14-2016 11:51 AM

Who is the "you"?

BigV 04-14-2016 12:07 PM

The reader is "you".

fargon 04-14-2016 03:24 PM

Hi Flint.

Undertoad 04-14-2016 03:46 PM

Meet new people on the Cellar!

Then exclusively interact with them on Facebook, until you have a disagreement, and then come BACK to the Cellar specifically to express your disagreement. Right.

It's not really fair to us. But you did figure out that you can't have honest conversations and disagreements on Facebook.

monster 04-14-2016 03:49 PM

I'm Ferd Sheed!

limey 04-14-2016 03:51 PM

I'm Ferd Sheed!

Sent by thought transference

sexobon 04-14-2016 04:04 PM

I'm Larry Sheed. This is my fellow dweller Ferd Sheed and my other fellow dweller Ferd Sheed.

lumberjim 04-14-2016 04:57 PM

People that post political rants on Facebook are cunts.

You like Fred. Fred is cool. This thread is cunty.

footfootfoot 04-14-2016 06:40 PM

I'm Ferd's brother, Spartacus Scheid!

monster 04-14-2016 07:37 PM

you can probably get antibiotics for that

glatt 04-15-2016 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 957523)
People that post political rants on Facebook are cunts.

You like Fred. Fred is cool. This thread is cunty.

I like Fred. Fred is cool.
I like Flint. Flint is cool.

Facebook politics are ok in very small doses. Flint's been political on FB lately because they just had primaries, so I've been giving him a pass. I had to hide Fred on FB, even though I like him, because he was and apparently still is reposting way too much political stuff all the time.

What I like on FB is for you to tell me what you are doing. Share some pictures of your life. If you feel really strongly about something, tell me about it in your own words. If you can't do that, then it means you haven't given it enough thought and don't know what you are talking about. Don't forward somebody else's propaganda. Propaganda is stupid.

Peace out.

monster 04-15-2016 07:58 AM

I'm getting flashbacks

DanaC 04-15-2016 09:14 AM

Hahahahahahaha. Oh my - everybody watched that!