The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What's for Dinner? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6848)

busterb 09-27-2004 07:52 PM

Also stuffed cabbage rolls. I did a Google on Halupke it's the same. But as Jane says, lots of work. From the heart of dixie. Good food, good friends, cold beer. What more can you ask? BB

jane_says 09-27-2004 08:44 PM

I may take you up that, Dagney, especially if Mr. Jane doesn't get his ass in line in a quick hurry. :D

And buster, with your armadillos and threats of delicious food and libations, I may head in your direction once I clean out Dagney's place.

Trilby 09-30-2004 12:32 PM

Filet Mignon, salad with bleu cheese, hash browns with sour cream, stewed tomatoes with butter and croutons. A few Sing-A-Pore Sling's for apertif and later. Then---DESERT! Dark Chocolate Hershey Cake from a chain---it's actually v. good.

busterb 10-01-2004 09:44 AM

Well Sunday looks like a boned, stuffed w/green onions, garlic & bacon deer hindqt, marinaded & injected w/ "Claude's brisket marinade" on smoker w/tater salad. If not too much cold beer, I might get a photo.

busterb 10-03-2004 03:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well here it was. Not bad, a little over done. :D

Griff 10-03-2004 06:55 PM

Nice work bb. My venison dinners are always pretty rudimentary, maybe I need to take it up a notch.

alphageek31337 10-03-2004 09:22 PM

"Ariaga, Ariaga Deux, Bariaga, Uglia and Mushatsa."

Tonight we have a lovely paella (pronounced pie-A-ah, for those of you que no hablan espanol), after I convinced the family that a little bit of gastronomic exploration can be rewarding. Basically, I cooked down sweet sausage (no chorizo conveniently available), chicken, green peppers, tomatos, onions and long-grain brown rice in chicken stock for a while, and it was quite lovely. PM for a recipe with numbers, if you're interested...

Edit: The quote in the title is from the Simpsons....it's the stars of the international soccer game they attend, where Bart gets a snack from the wandering paella man.

Griff 10-04-2004 06:21 AM

We did a turkey over the weekend to make room in the freezer. Gluten free stuffing was the key for me. Wild rice instead of bread everything else was pretty similar. Honestly it isn't the same as regular stuffing, it just doesn't become part of the bird. It does make a nice side and is really good.

warch 10-07-2004 07:42 PM

Fall is in the air:
Herb encrusted roast pork loin with fig chutney and roasted root vegetables. Mashed potatos and sauted greens. Apple crisp for desert. Super simple and delish.

PS my Russian Mennonite relatives make good Holupche- I even have lazy version thats tasty- you dont have to roll.

Clodfobble 10-07-2004 09:47 PM

Tonight was Papa John's new Spinach-Alfredo Chicken Tomato pizza. It was ok. Spinach-to-alfredo sauce ratio was way too high. But I got two free DVDs with it, and now I don't have to worry about what to eat for tomorrow night either.

Pie 10-08-2004 08:46 AM

Last night was Taco Bell for me, Wendy's for Badger.
Tonight, I think I'll make fried catfish, corn fritters and tomatoes&okra (if I can find any; otherwise green beans). I guess I'm feeling my inner Southerner.
When the temperature drops on Sunday, I'm thinking I'll make a batch of chili. It's about the right time of year...
- Pie

Cyber Wolf 10-08-2004 09:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh the irony!

busterb 10-08-2004 06:03 PM

Looks like deer hash, If I'll get my lazyass started & dice taters, onions, & bell pepper.

busterb 10-08-2004 08:10 PM

Hash almost went to hell. Was reading the "great" post on Cellar & stopped the damn reminded, forgot to turn fire off. If bad just call Dotty & jack.

BrianR 10-09-2004 03:15 PM

dinner 10-09-04 Stuffed Pork Chops

I wish I had a camera to show how yummy this is when I'm done.

One inch think chops, stuffed with homemade dressing. Cranberry sauce on the side with some veggie or other for health's sake. Perhaps I'll make a cheese dressing to pour over! Then I can have that broccoli! YEAH! That's the ticket!

Brian :yum: