The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Celebrity death that bummed you out the most... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7716)

mrnoodle 02-08-2005 11:38 AM

1. Stevie Ray Vaughan - I went home sick from work that morning because of it.
2. "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, who got shot onstage a couple weeks ago. Double bummed me just because fans can be so sick and it ruins it for everyone. Why can't rock stars just O.D. like they used to? What's with the violence?
3. Ray Gillen, a tremendous rock singer who did stints with Deep Purple and Sabbath, but is best known from being in 80's hard rock act Badlands. Died of AIDS, really sad situation.
4. Jonathan Brandis (sp?). Remember SeaQuest DSV? I was looking at Roy Scheider's entry on IMDB.com for something completely unrelated and suddenly remembered that show. Click click click, suddenly I find that the kid who played the son committed suicide a few years back. Apparently couldn't adjust to life after child stardom. Don't know why it made me so sad that day, but it did.

Phil Hartman and John Candy, too.

Hey Elpsode, it was John Belushi, right? Jim hasn't croaked has he?

Elspode 02-08-2005 11:40 AM

Yes...duh. I had Jim on the brain because I was considering Jimi Hendrix, but figured it was redundant.

Wolf - good call on Harry.

Radar 02-08-2005 11:59 AM

Rodney Dangerfield
Chris Farley
Ray Charles
Sam Kinnison
Madeline Kahn

glatt 02-08-2005 12:17 PM

After reading through the rest of the posts, I'd have to agree with John Lennon. That one really bummed me out at the time.

I also miss John Candy, but wasn't sad when he died. If that makes sense.

A lot of these guy lived hard before they died, and their deaths weren't such a shock. Also, when someone old dies, it's not unexpected.

John Lennon and Phil Hartman did not live gangster lives. They were both still in their prime. They were healthy. Even Lennon had cut back on the drugs. They were both a shock.

I was sad when Mr. Rogers died too, but he was getting old. He was a decent man, and as much as people liked to joke about him, he really made the world a better place.

OnyxCougar 02-08-2005 12:35 PM

Gilda Radner

limey 02-08-2005 03:04 PM

John Peel.

Trilby 02-08-2005 03:25 PM

I was bummed when Captain Kangaroo died.

Ditto Graham Chapman, John Candy, Gilda, Madeline and Phil. They all were incredible talents.

kerosene 02-08-2005 05:22 PM

George Harrison
Johnny Cash
Phil Hartman
Chris Farley

bluesdave 02-08-2005 05:31 PM

John Wayne

Griff 02-08-2005 07:41 PM

You guys got mine.
1) SRV
2) Candy
3) Farley

xoxoxoBruce 02-08-2005 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beestie
Which celebrity do you wish were still around to entertain you or make you feel good in some other way?

A - Marilyn Monroe
B - in some other way
:elkgrin:

lookout123 02-08-2005 08:44 PM

Walter Payton
Chris Farley
John Candy

We used to see Farley and Candy in social settings in Chicago all the time. Farley was a really quiet guy when it was just you and him. down to earth, almost shy. but when the 3rd person got on the elevator, the SNL characters took over.

melidasaur 02-08-2005 08:51 PM

Phil Hartman... I was deeply saddened by his death. He was so funny. I loved him on SNL and News Radio.

zippyt 02-08-2005 08:58 PM

Lennon shook me up
Belushi , well that was no real suprise , but still a tragic loss
SRV mess me up for a week or so , he was JUST getting his shit togather

The older folks ,like Senatra , Carson, Hope , Mr. Rodgers , they all had a good run , left lasting memorys for MANY folks , Sad they died but we are ALL worm dirt one day .

404Error 02-08-2005 10:51 PM

Freddie Mercury - I think Queen would still be cranking out great stuff he if were still around.