The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Woof! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20876)

Nirvana 08-19-2009 09:21 PM

Woof!

1 Attachment(s)
Look what showed up at my house yesterday morning! A Belgian sheepdog! I live in the middle of no-where. She is chipped, AKC registered and I have found the owner, after locating the breeder in Ohio! The owner is 50 miles from me and lost the dog 2 YEARS AGO!! The owner does not want her back acted like I was a saleman. WTF!? Guess I have another dog! I have no idea where this dog has been and who would not be happy to have the dog back? She is house broken well behaved and she is a gentle soul.

Pie 08-19-2009 09:26 PM

What a lovely dog! And horrible (former) owners. I hope their karma catches up with them.

Your karma, on the other hand... :thumb:

lumberjim 08-19-2009 09:58 PM

I fear that you may find that she turns into a human each month at the full moon, and goes shopping with your credit cards, orders pizzas with anchovies, and leaves the toilet seat up.

what's her name? looks like a 'Penny' to me

Nirvana 08-19-2009 10:19 PM

If she orders pizzas she better share ;) Her name is Sacha.

robsterman1 08-19-2009 10:33 PM

Nice dog...hopefully its a good sign

XAgent 08-19-2009 10:34 PM

Awww, bless you for adopting her, Nirvana. :)

Once found a cat who would come near our house for food. Eventually we took it in as our own as the we lost contact with the owner (chipped as well). Sadly when we took it to a new house with my family, the cat disappeared suddenly. It really hurt for a while, because she was beginning to become a part of the family. Oh, well. :(

Sun_Sparkz 08-19-2009 10:39 PM

What prick ex-owners. So much for responsible pet ownership. poor little thing. i wonder what adventures she has been up to for the last 2 years!!

I hope you decide to keep her and am sure you will bond with her. She has a really loving look to her.

Every soal comes into our lives for a reason, a season or a lifetime. :)

congratulations!

ZenGum 08-19-2009 10:58 PM

Surely, she must have been living with some other humans for the last two years, to turn up in such good condition, and wth sucha good nature. So, why did she decide to move on? And why did she leave the first house?

Was she born a ramblin' pooch? Or does she have a lousy sense of direction? Does she turn mean once a year or so, and get turfed out? Or has the FSM guided her to your loving door?

Let us know how it goes with the new doggie.

Nirvana 08-19-2009 11:10 PM

Quote:

Or has the FSM guided her to your loving door?

mmmmmm! Vodka sauce! :p

xoxoxoBruce 08-20-2009 12:02 AM

Maybe she was snatched from the original owner, didn't have a chance to try to find home until now, and ended up finding you instead?

Or, she's spent the last two years being trained to, on a given signal, unlock doors from the inside in the middle of the night. :haha:

ZenGum 08-20-2009 12:41 AM

Dogburglar?

Shawnee123 08-20-2009 07:35 AM

Awwww, good for you, Nirvana.

They don't want him back? wtf? Disposable pets. :headshake

Nirvana 08-20-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 588940)
Awwww, good for you, Nirvana.

They don't want him back? wtf? Disposable pets. :headshake

Exactly! I already have one JSU, he was a puppy and he is 13 now. Even if Sacha was not a purebred registered AKC dog I would do what I am doing now for her, but the fact that someone paid money for a very uncommon breed of dog that is Champion sired with 21 other champions in her immediate pedigree, and she ended up here is weird! We are the least populated township east of the Mississippi! I am an anomaly here, most people have dogs to keep the coyotes away or keep their chickens out of their yard. No one around here breeds purebreds. [ 'cept me sometimes]

We will be visiting a groomer today! She is too big and hairy for my bath tub! :D

Shawnee123 08-20-2009 09:01 AM

Oh, I meant "she." hahhaaa...when I was little I thought all cats were girls and all dogs were boys. :blush:

She does look like a sweetheart. Bless people like you.

Dingleschmutz 08-20-2009 09:01 AM

They might have dumped her... My sister lives in the country and has had a couple obvious former pets that just showed up and now won't leave the farm. Recently they had a purebred boxer (!) show up. I've always loved boxers, I'd adopt it if I wasn't allergic to dogs that shed...