The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   What Are You Drinking Tonight? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28491)

jimhelm 01-17-2013 05:14 PM

I just like the way the word sounds in a brogue. I like the way you spell it better, too, Sassenach. Whats it mean? Nm.... Googled:

The Gaelic term for a Saxon. Survives in modern day Ireland and Scotland as a derogatory term for an English person.

limey 01-18-2013 03:27 AM

Where I live the derogatory term for an English person is "bloody English". :)

Big Sarge 01-18-2013 04:28 AM

Let me try to get this straight. Limey is a sassenach and that's similar to sasquatch?? Limey - what size shoe do you wear?

Note: This is only trying to make a joke about similar words. From the pictures I have seen of Limey, I know she is quite lovely

limey 01-18-2013 06:00 AM

Size 10 US. What is a sasquatch?
Just googled it. Yes, we have sasquatch in the family tree. Both my brothers' feet are/were size 16 US ...

Sundae 01-18-2013 10:39 AM

Limes! The tea arrived today!
I thought you meant you'd bought me tablets (which as I said I have plenty of).

I'm nearly out of tea though.
You angel.

And of all the people in the world, I know you'd never buy me fennel tea (which is a common one for weightloss/ cleansing/ liver detox.)

One of these days I really will write Cherry's List of Common Foods Which are Intolerable.
I'm sure it will be fascinating.

I've been waiting for a £3.20 cardigan from eBay. It's teal green and fluffy. I'm gutted. It was sent on 4th Jan. The seller has offered me a refund. I think she may have kept it for resale given the bargain basement price I got. Anyway, Dad was all excited on my behalf - the thought it had arrived. He was susrpised when I wasn't upset.

But hey, if you see a fluffy teal green cardigan, do wrestle the wearer to the ground and demand to see a proof of purchase.

And thank you. Very kind and much appreciated.

limey 01-18-2013 04:27 PM

Fennel is disgusting! I think the tea contains mint and nettle, both of which you said you liked. I find herb teas are quite nice cold. But this evening I had a mug of cocoa. Proper cocoa :)

Sent by thought transference

Trilby 01-18-2013 04:30 PM

I am waiting-somewhat impatiently-for my valium to be refilled.

can't get a refill till the 24 or so which seems like bullshit if I'm paying for it myself.

footfootfoot 01-19-2013 10:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trilby (Post 848981)

can't get a refill till the 24 or so which seems like bullshit if I'm paying for it myself.

Maybe this can tide you over. :(

Pico and ME 01-19-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trilby (Post 848981)

How do you get a continuous prescription for valium (or xanax)? The doctors at my clinic will not do it for me. All I want to do is take a half pill every now and then before bedtime to take the edge off a really bad day.

Big Sarge 01-19-2013 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 849183)
How do you get a continuous prescription for valium (or xanax)? The doctors at my clinic will not do it for me. All I want to do is take a half pill every now and then before bedtime to take the edge off a really bad day.

Shoot, I get 10 mgms of Ambien and 2 mgms of Clonopin everyday. I can get an increased dosage by just asking. The VA is turning us all into addicts.

Serious note - if you are out of Valuim, you can make a "Camp Hit" coctail from legal ingredients. Take a shot glass. Add 2 full doses of liquid Nyquil. Throw in 3-5 tablets of Melatonin. Open 4 capsules of Benadryl (100 mgm) and pour it in. I'm serious about this. This concoction was routinely used until they deployed the Combat Stress Teams

Pico and ME 01-19-2013 11:21 PM

:eek:

Holy shit Sarge, I only weigh 106...that cocktail would put me down for a whole day!

sexobon 01-20-2013 12:57 AM

the Little Penguin, S.E. Australia Cabernet Sauvignon 2011. From magnum, a tasty quaff.

BigV 01-20-2013 01:10 AM

Bourbon, neat.

orthodoc 01-20-2013 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Sarge (Post 849188)
Shoot, I get 10 mgms of Ambien and 2 mgms of Clonopin everyday. I can get an increased dosage by just asking. The VA is turning us all into addicts.

Sarge, you have specific indications for your meds. For most of us, ongoing scripts for benzodiazepines are a bad idea. They're Schedule 4 drugs, addictive, and the devil to get off. (Xanax is so bad - very short half-life - that many psychiatrists refuse to prescribe it at all.)

Big Sarge 01-20-2013 05:33 AM

I was previously on a Xanax and Valuim regimen. I completely agree that the VA over medicates us and after almost 7 years, I do have a high tolerance. Plus, I shamefully admit to adding alcohol lately to enhance the effects. I am definitely a poor role model

Pico - that is a real concoction we used in 2005 in Al Anbar Province