The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What one thing MUST you do today, or else? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26234)

limey 11-05-2011 07:44 AM

What one thing MUST you do today, or else?

3,000 words of translation (no chance, I'm going to a party instead, 4 hours away on the Big Island)!
I'll have to make it an all-nighter when I get back instead!

Trilby 11-05-2011 07:57 AM

oh, limey!

are you going to partake? Because translating after a few could lead to .... an international incident!

;)

Good luck!

The only thing I need to do is enjoy myself. I'm a lucky girl today. :)

Griff 11-05-2011 08:26 AM

I need to trim hooves. I think I can continue to procrastinate on progress notes...

DanaC 11-05-2011 08:58 AM

Mark my students' article reviews

Probably should also re-read the three articles they're reviewing just to refresh my memory.

Been doing an initial read through and noting a provisional grade. Gonna mark the different grade bands together; all the 1sts, all the lower 2nds, all the upper seconds etc. No 3rds so far, but not really expecting any from these students.

Some of them are quite funny. You can see what they've been taught to do in a-level history: identify bias, assess validity.

If I read one more time, about how the range of Morgan's sources 'justifies the validity of her argument', or 'means that her argument is valid' I will cry just a little.

jimhelm 11-05-2011 09:09 AM

I need to crack someone open and shake all their money loose! These fockers gotta buy! I need dough like anyone!

Sundae 11-05-2011 10:19 AM

Need to finish off my room or Mum will spit flames.
All tidied (okay, some just tidied away, snicker) just need to hoover and dust.
But dusting means taking everything off the shelves and putting them back on. And my shelves are as loaded as Limey will be tonight.

I will do it.
Or at least make it look like I've done it ;)

But it's sooooooo dull.
I'm just happy the floor is clear.

Clodfobble 11-05-2011 10:25 AM

I must make hamburger patties, or my daughter will have no breakfast tomorrow. On a slightly less-urgent schedule, I must go to unfamiliar grocery stores to find the applesauce that our store does not have in stock, or else my daughter will have half a lunch and no medicines at school on Monday.

Sundae 11-05-2011 10:26 AM

Any other parent I be questioning about hamburger for breakfast.
But with the attention you pay to your children's food I am just going to assume it's a good idea.

DanaC 11-05-2011 10:35 AM

Homemade burgers, made with the right mince, are a very healthy shot of protein.

Clodfobble 11-05-2011 10:35 AM

I should note that there is no bun, this is just the meat patty she's eating. It seems less weird if you picture them as ground sausage patties instead. :)

It's definitely a good idea nutritionally: protein is the best thing to have first thing in the morning, as it is easier to digest than carbs, and burns more slowly so your blood sugar doesn't spike after a long night of no intake. And as far as meats go, ground meats are easiest to digest, plus I mix a ton of pureed zucchini in when I make them, so she's getting secret veggie nutrients too.

DanaC 11-05-2011 10:42 AM

Mum used to make them for me when I was on one of my more restricted diets. I still, now and again, will let burgers cool and stick them in the fridge to eat as a cold snack, 'cus that's what I used to take if we were going off out and I needed a packed lunch that didn't come in a roughneck flask and reek of cabbage.

jimhelm 11-05-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 770358)
I need to crack someone open and shake all their money loose! These fockers gotta buy! I need dough like anyone!

This is done. Thank you Mr W. The platinum package is a very wise investment for this vehicle.

BrianR 11-05-2011 11:55 AM

I really must paint the skirting on the back side of my house today. If I procrastinate until tomorrow, I will be rained on (according to the forecast) and run afoul of my wife's plan to spend the entire afternoon grocery shopping.

The excessive time spent getting food is necessary because she intends to make her monthly trip to the commissary, a two-hour drive away, tomorrow. I am against this because we also need to visit my credit union and it isn't open on Sundays. We'll see if my feminine logic can hold up to hers. ;)

Lamplighter 11-05-2011 05:50 PM

Set our clocks back an hour for the end of Daylight Savings Time

HungLikeJesus 11-05-2011 06:07 PM

If you do it too soon you might forget you did it, and then do it again.