The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thank you gifts (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=33484)

Clodfobble 05-04-2018 10:05 PM

Thank you gifts

I owe serious, serious gratitude to a group of 4 people right now. I don't know any of them well enough to send a personalized gift. So, like, there's flowers, or cookies, or a fruit basket, or...? If you were in the position to receive a business-acquaintance thank-you gift, what sort of thing would you genuinely appreciate the most?

DanaC 05-05-2018 04:20 AM

Really nice cookies or chocolates. Chocs are usually my go to

It;s a tough one though - do you know what sort of things they like?

glatt 05-05-2018 08:13 AM

A really nice flashlight. Compact bright LED that is rechargeable.

Everyone can use a flashlight.

sexobon 05-05-2018 09:18 AM

I was recently given some Girl Scout cookies (Samoas, a favorite) at work and found it warming to know the person did a nice thing by buying them and another nice thing by giving them to me. :yum:

Gravdigr 05-05-2018 03:23 PM

A small bottle of something alcoholic in nature...

lumberjim 05-05-2018 03:31 PM

If it's for 4 people that all work in the same office, I'd go with having pizza delivered for them at lunch one day. Or an edible arrangement type of basket they could share.

If you need to get the same individual thank you gift for 4 people, I'd say dunkin donuts gift cards all around.

monster 05-05-2018 07:30 PM

Nice sandwich delivery one lunchtime

Clodfobble 05-05-2018 07:48 PM

With pizza and sandwiches, though, how do you know what people like? If it's a company of 20 you can get enough of a variety for people to pick, but if even one of the four hates pizza it's a failure, percentage-wise.

monster 05-05-2018 09:05 PM

no, it isn't. They'll appreciate the sentiment and the other three will eat up the fourth share. But sandwiches can give more variety and be eaten later more easily (or taken home for family...).

DanaC 05-06-2018 05:39 AM

If they drink, then a bottle of wine is always a good one.

Or would that be inappropriate?

It's almost never inappropriate to give alcohol in Britain.

Griff 05-06-2018 08:26 AM

We have a local bakery that delivers a mixed basket of bagels and muffins with a big coffee container. Not great for gluten but good.

sexobon 05-06-2018 11:08 AM

There's no shortage of places in Clod's town to buy business type gifts. Since it's more a matter of what will go over well with a small group, I'd go with dried fruits and/or nuts. They last for a bit at work, can be taken home to share, can be enjoyed on the go like trail mix and a basket of fresh product is usually welcome in any weather. There are multiple places to choose from. A quick search turned up this place with a user friendly website: Home/nuts, Dried fruits

You could also probably DIY from product bins at someplace like HEB. I've put out a selection of a half dozen dried fruits at company parties, along with plastic spoons and a package of small plastic cups for them, and they went like hotcakes.

Clodfobble 05-06-2018 05:58 PM

Ooh, good call--I know that business but forgot they do gift baskets. Doesn't spoil, and has options for folks who don't do sugary stuff for health reasons. I think I'm going with this one.

xoxoxoBruce 05-06-2018 07:56 PM

You know another place to get nuts and dried fruit from. ;)

evermant 05-06-2018 08:39 PM

i love dried fruit!