The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

DanaC 05-20-2011 12:46 PM

Oh Lookout, I'm so sorry. What an awful, awful thing.

BigV 05-20-2011 09:49 PM

I hate this fucking thread.

Pete Zicato 05-20-2011 10:59 PM

Sorry lookout. That's very sad news.

Griff 05-21-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 735396)
I hate this fucking thread.

Yeah, but it does keep us real.

Sorry Lookout.

zippyt 05-21-2011 09:36 AM

That Sucks Look out ,
Remember the good time dude

Sundae 05-22-2011 05:56 AM

Sorry to follow a really awful upset with something trivial.

I've just seen that the preview screening of Torchwood: Miracle Day (plus panel discussion incliding Russel T Davies, Eye Myles and JB afterwards) at the BFI is sold out.
I knew it would sell out quickly, but when I checked on Thursday there were still about 30% seats free.

I already owe Mum & Dad for the vet bill, so I couldn't ask them for more.
I just kept my fingers crossed there might be a single seat, towards the back, still available on payday...?

It was always unlikely, and after all it's only been a few days that I've been thinking about it, but I feel really upset. My whole stomach has dropped and the light has gone out of my day. I honestly feel like something longed planned and hoped for has been cancelled last minute.

Maybe I need to get my medication reviewed.

monster 05-24-2011 08:18 AM

This:

http://annarbor.com/news/hockey-play...-jenkins-dies/

15-year-old. Didn't know him but could so easily be a kid I know or my kid. Unclear exactly what happened, but bets are on horsing around like 15yo kids do, hit his head, freak accident/repercussions, now dead. It shouldn't do but it seems to add to it that he's a hockey goalie like my kid and just got signed to the OHL like my kid dreams of...... makes me want to wrap my kids in cotton wool to keep them safe, but that's no life to live either.

glatt 05-24-2011 08:52 AM

Sucks. We've all done stupid stuff like that as teenagers. As a parent, you can try to give your kids the tools to make good decisions, but they are going to make mistakes. And it's just brutal dumb luck that sometimes the bad decisions have serious consequences, and sometimes they don't. It's terrifying.

monster 05-24-2011 09:35 AM

I did, however, just email my goalie son and tell him not to keep jumping on his knees like he did in the puddle last night. Some stupidity maybe we can help protect against? I haven't given up hope. But I am saddened today.

digger1026 05-24-2011 11:13 AM

wanting to go home and funds arent coming through

theres a couple of churches that could cover the cost of me getting from this city,to where i would really prefer to be. i am waiting for a soup kitchen to spend a few dollars more and get me out of here, if the woman who is in charge, would take the time and have listened to what i offered,i would have had my train ticket and i would be typing my deptarture date, on my yahoo page.

lookout123 05-25-2011 01:16 AM

If anyone is interested in the journey the great CWB has taken us on in the last 6 months you can see his wife's blog.

classicman 05-25-2011 12:28 PM

I read much of that last week & read the rest today.

So sad. I feel for the daughter, but maybe since she is only two that it won't be as hard or - I dunno. Maybe that makes it worse.

Nirvana 05-25-2011 01:18 PM

I'm sorry for everyone on this thread but misery loves company>

My working cow dog is right now having surgery for a bowel obstruction. They gave him a 60% chance. :sniff:

glatt 05-25-2011 01:21 PM

I'm sorry, Nirvana. Is that the one that tangled with a tornado?

footfootfoot 05-25-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 736640)
I read much of that last week & read the rest today.

So sad. I feel for the daughter, but maybe since she is only two that it won't be as hard or - I dunno. Maybe that makes it worse.

Agreed, it is very sad. The 2 y.o. won't remember a thing.