The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Who is putting poo in the community washing machine? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29033)

chrisinhouston 05-21-2013 10:56 AM

Who is putting poo in the community washing machine?

Yes that's the big question of the day at the independent living apartments where my mother in law lives. She called me and told me in great detail how someone is washing their poopy pants in community washing machines near her apartment. She suspects it's a new tenant and maybe one of the bachelors who moved in recently. She insisted that most men don't know how to do laundry and that they must be having an accident and trying to get it cleaned up. So the head of housekeeping was there sanitizing the machine.

Old people like to talk about poop. My dad in his 90's would go on and on about his constipation or the opposite, etc. He also liked to talk about the phlegm in his throat.

I hope I never have to go live in an old folks home. :yelsick:

BigV 05-21-2013 11:03 AM

I'd check with the monkeys. They've been known to have a fling once in awhile.

infinite monkey 05-21-2013 11:27 AM

Who put the poo in the poo-pa-do-pa-doo
Who put the ram in the ramalamadingdong?

orthodoc 05-21-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisinhouston (Post 865688)
Old people like to talk about poop.

In the clinic where I worked just before my residency we had a daily visitor - a 90-something year old man who came down twice a day to chat. No problem ... except that, one day, he proudly told the receptionist he'd had a huge poop that morning. She made some noncommittal response (how DO you respond to a statement like that?) and next thing she knew, he'd pulled a ball of feces out of his pocket and shoved it close to her face to 'show' her. It was about the size of an orange. Yep, huge poop. She shrieked and he left. He came back that afternoon and did it again. In between visits I'd called his family doc and asked him to get the guy in for an assessment, TODAY. The family doc said, hey, I saw the guy yesterday and he was fine. I said, sure, I saw him yesterday too. But TODAY he's carrying his poop in his pocket and pulling it out to show people.

It turned out he'd had a small stroke in his prefrontal cortex - which governs social inhibition, among other things.

BigV 05-21-2013 05:33 PM

:eek:

ZenGum 05-22-2013 06:38 AM

One of the lesser known signs of stroke, that one.

Flint 05-23-2013 11:53 PM

Yes, but you must be careful not to assume--don't rule out the standard reasons you would carry around your poop and show it to people.

Clodfobble 06-01-2013 05:55 PM

Not poo in the washing machine; rather pungent sesame oil in the Vitamix blender.

I've cleaned it 6 times, and at the rate the smell is decreasing, I'm expecting about 3 more.

squirell nutkin 06-02-2013 01:45 AM

Ammonia will strip that oil out instantly and then wash out with water.