The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Bad Manners (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26571)

monster 12-26-2011 11:56 PM

Bad Manners

Talking with food in your mouth
Chewing with your mouth open
Elbows on the table during dinner
Pointing
Interrupting a conversation
Talking about money -stock market excluded
Talking about your charity -other than inviting other to a benefit you are hosting or a project you are undertaking
Assuming religious beliefs in conversation
Taking a phone call in the middle of a conversation
Ditto texts
Turning on the TV without checking with other in the room
Ditto changing channel
No eye contact in conversation

and this:

feel free to add :)

sexobon 12-27-2011 12:18 AM

not editing

sexobon 12-27-2011 12:19 AM

when indicated

Griff 12-27-2011 08:15 AM

texting at table and other tech interfacing when in human company

Sundae 12-27-2011 04:05 PM

Pointing I'm not sure about.
If asked where the pharmacy is in the store, I will point as well as direct verbally (if there is a queue I cannot leave my till).
Pointing may mean something different to you.

Rhianne 12-27-2011 04:10 PM

Treating people differently according to their (perceived) social status.

Gravdigr 12-27-2011 04:45 PM

What she said.

I would add: Treating people differently according to their (perceived) intelligence.

And:

Ignoring people.

jimhelm 12-27-2011 04:51 PM

whatever

I deal with bad manners all damn day. Guys walk into my office talking... like they begin before they actually enter the room.... and you can't see if there's someone at my desk, or if I'm on the phone...

And this one fucker.... he always uses my stapler... which I keep to my left... and just leaves it out in the middle of the desk when he's done...

I think I'll go punch him in the kidney right now, unprovoked.

HungLikeJesus 12-27-2011 05:00 PM

I was in the book store yesterday and there was a guy with a big round belly. I had a strong urge to rub his belly for luck, but not everyone has good manners so I wasn't sure how he would react.

jimhelm 12-27-2011 05:06 PM

He might have french kissed you.

Griff 12-27-2011 05:09 PM

freedom kissed

jimhelm 12-27-2011 05:10 PM

lol

regular.joe 12-28-2011 09:31 AM

I consider it quite rude for people to shoot at me just because I'm walking around their country carrying two weapons and around 360 rounds of ammo on my person. Oh, and Jim I'd love to come up and take care of that stapler guy. Is your stapler purple by chance?

infinite monkey 12-28-2011 09:52 AM

Eating while being waited on at the desk.

Eating while walking (unless you're at, like, the county fair...sit down for a second and eat.)

Really, any eating I have to witness or listen to. It's gross.

Spitting on the sidewalk (why do I want to walk through your goo?)

Not holding the door for someone close behind you.

Not participating in the bob and weave of passing someone who is walking the same path as you but in the opposite direction. Oh, yeah, I don't get out of their way when they play that superiority game. They make no move to move, I make no move to move. If we bump, I wait to see their reaction. If it's accusatory, I have words for them. Have some respect and be aware that others live on the planet and in reality are NOT beneath you, not by a long shot.

Leaving Wendy's and turning the impossible left turn, but taking up the left and right lanes to do it, so no one can make a right. This holds for intersections and such, too. Oblivious and stupid? Or rude and uncaring? Both, probably.

monster 12-28-2011 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 783230)
Ignoring people.

Interesting idea, seeing as the most polite way to deal with unpleasant, irritating and rude behaviour is usually to ignore it. :)

The Cellar would be untenable if some people didn't have the ability to ignore others :2cents: