The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dec 9, 2010: KKK Wedding (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24146)

Shawnee123 12-09-2010 08:27 PM

Image of the Damned?

footfootfoot 12-09-2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 699210)
Because it's interesting. It's not called Lovely Fluffy Happy IOTD.

That's tomorrow's IOTD but you left out Tasty.

monster 12-09-2010 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 699229)
That's tomorrow's IOTD but you left out Tasty.

it's not always fluffy on Friday.

Maybe we should pre-empt and get busy with the KKK recipes? I was going to do that in my first reply, but i thought it might be tasteless...

footfootfoot 12-09-2010 10:25 PM

Smoky, I bet.

xoxoxoBruce 12-09-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by k012957 (Post 699146)
Sheesh! Gratuitous tea party bashing. It'd be better to keep your politics out of it.

I see, you'd rather I only question the legal authority to marry people, of one inbred racist group per thread.

Adak 12-10-2010 12:38 AM

The Southern Poverty Law Center, (and other law centers like it), has caused most of the wealth and property of the KKK, to be taken away with huge lawsuits from their victims.

Sadly, the neo-nazi movement (and several other racial or ethnic gangs), are still popular, especially in the prison system. Every race has it's gang, and you need to belong to a gang or you're an easy target (and they know it, and they are good at targeting loners). You can't choose to join a gang that isn't your color or your ethnicity.

In earlier days, they had several members in Congress, and several more members were sympathizers, of the KKK.

Anybody know whether the KKK has been officially declared a terrorist organization, by Homeland Security?

DanaC 12-10-2010 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saknussem (Post 699206)
Well, this is actually sort of an involved question, and the real answer follows: ...

Nice one Saknussem. That was very interesting.

ZenGum 12-10-2010 06:09 AM

... and the bride wore ... well, duh.

Griff 12-10-2010 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 699278)
Nice one Saknussem. That was very interesting.

It really was. I think it is important to remember the broken pacts at the end of the war and how they lead to the development of hate groups. It smells a lot like the post WWI German experience. None of which excuses the inhumanity of the people involved, we just need to remember that the winners have responsibilities...

Jim Spaza 12-10-2010 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freshnesschronic (Post 699029)
tangent: Why do the KKK burn crosses again?

According to their beliefs, they are not burning the crosses. They are "lighting" them to shine the teachings of Jesus Christ to all the world. That the cross itself is consumed is irrelevant.

Originally, the KKK was not a racist organization. And some KKK organizations today still are not. Some actually have black, hispanic, and asian members.

Originally, the KKK was created as a vigilante group to police their own towns and were used extensively when the real police and courts could do nothing about lawbreakers and criminals.

For example, if a man beat his wife and the police could do nothing, then the KKK would light a cross in the guy's front yard as a warning. If that warning went unheeded, then the KKK would take the guy out into the woods and explain the nature of the problem to him.

It originally was NOT about racism. It was about law and order. The fact that some (most?) KKK groups today are racist doesn't change this historical fact.

(I'm not a KKK member. I just like accurate history to be taught.)

Spexxvet 12-10-2010 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adak (Post 699266)
Sadly, the neo-nazi movement (and several other racial or ethnic gangs), are still popular, especially in the republican party.

Since classic is not around, I fixed that for you.;)

Undertoad 12-10-2010 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Spaza (Post 699289)
stuff

Wikipedia doesn't agree with you about any of that

monster 12-10-2010 08:18 AM

What a bunch of wimps, though. Real men don't wear anything under their skirts....

freshnesschronic 12-10-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 699295)

Agreed, and wiki is my online mother, she's never wrong.

Jim Spaza 12-10-2010 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 699295)

Yeah. And we know that Wiki is never inaccurate about anything as well as know that Wiki has never been purposefully used to spread misinformation fueled by political, economic, religious, and social biases.

Yeah, you're right.