The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Night to Day ... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=30299)

orthodoc 07-26-2014 03:03 AM

Night to Day ...

When times are tough and you're up late, watching the night deepen and then lighten, what do you listen to, watch, or read? What inspires you? What comforts you? What lets you escape ...?

Music, literature, movies ... what helps you through the hard times?

footfootfoot 07-26-2014 07:50 AM

I'll take "Alcohol" For $500, Alex.

fargon 07-26-2014 10:43 AM

I sit out on the back porch and watch the animals cruise by.

xoxoxoBruce 07-26-2014 10:56 AM

Counting flowers on the wall,
That don't bother me at all.
Playing Solitaire till dawn,
With a deck of fifty-one.
Smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo.
Now, don't tell me I've nothing to do.

Lola Bunny 07-26-2014 01:52 PM

Go to forums, hehe. Or watch a T.V. series online. Watch until you're too tired and able to fall asleep.

lumberjim 07-26-2014 02:20 PM

It's rare that I do have trouble sleeping, but honestly, 2 shots of vodka out of the freezer usually does the trick.

Big Sarge 07-26-2014 03:21 PM

Clean guns, reload some ammo, and maybe sharpen some knives.

Of course, you know that's not true. I surf the web and try not to think about the demons

Lola Bunny 07-26-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 905687)
It's rare that I do have trouble sleeping, but honestly, 2 shots of vodka out of the freezer usually does the trick.

I had a shot once and rather than falling asleep, I got nauseous and vomit. Haha...Since I don't drink these days, a glass of wine usually does a trick. If Ortho wants to fall asleep quick, this is a way to go.

Carruthers 07-26-2014 04:38 PM

I get to sleep reasonably easily but I usually wake in the still watches of the night and stay awake for hours.
The radio is the first port of call and I listen to a programme appropriately entitled 'Up All Night' three nights of the week.
The presenter has the great good sense to run the programme from his home in Marblehead, Mass. and consequently isn't up all night himself.
Other times it's the BBC World Service or a phone in on LBC. LBC is a bit hard going at times as some of the callers are a little, shall we say, 'eccentric'.
The commercials can be hard going as well as they are mostly for ambulance chasing claims management firms and dodgy credit companies. Other than that it's the Interweb on my iPad.

glatt 07-26-2014 08:51 PM

I just silently lie there in the dark, and stay in bed. Eventually I fall back asleep or it's time to get up.

infinite monkey 07-26-2014 09:25 PM

I make myself think of things alphabetically. Maybe cities or countries, or game names, or medical terms or song titles. I lose track as I fall asleep.

But I don't think that's what you're asking. I think you're asking what we dwell on that makes us not sleep.

A doctor should know better. Emotional doctors aren't usually the best. Poor you, let the anger begin.

Big Sarge 07-26-2014 09:33 PM

IM - why have you become so hateful??

infinite monkey 07-26-2014 09:38 PM

Why have you become so morose? So dependent on those who worship you? I'm not so naive as to fall over anytime you might decide to think I'm worthy. That makes you angry. I'm not fooled.

sexobon 07-26-2014 10:27 PM

Ah, very good grasshopper. Once you've seen through the Werepanda's sorcery you can never be fooled again.

Big Sarge 07-26-2014 10:31 PM

Whatever , bitch. -----Ok shuggas, y'all know what daddy wants. Which of y'all gonna show me some milkshake?