The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Good news, bad news (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16582)

BigV 09-23-2008 05:42 PM

ow ow ow ow ow ow

Heat is the enemy of electronics. They even wrote a song about it.

Sundae 09-24-2008 06:37 AM

Just for the record - I did not walk to the kebab shop. I did not have a kebab or fries or even cheese.

ZenGum 09-24-2008 07:18 AM

Good work SG!

Cicero 10-01-2008 11:51 AM

Good news: I have time to take my puppy hiking!!!
Bad news: I am unemployed again and have time to take my puppy hiking!

Such is life.....;)

Pie 10-01-2008 12:50 PM

Good news: I have plenty more where that came from...
Bad news: There's blood all over my desk.

(It's just a flesh wound!)

BigV 10-01-2008 12:58 PM

:eek:

Pie 10-01-2008 01:51 PM

If I wasn't at work, I would take a picture and post it here. Looks like hamburger. And just a moment before the knife slipped, I was thinking, "This isn't very smart."

ZenGum 10-01-2008 06:21 PM

You were right.

More info please! Is it any better yet?

Pie 10-02-2008 07:50 AM

It's okay. I have a shortish-but-deepish gouge/cut on the back of my right middle finger. I was debating going to the ER for stitches, but decided to tough it out. With a moderately tight bandaid, it seems to have re-attached sufficiently. It's not bleeding anymore, and I still have sensation in my fingertip.
You know how your skin goes all hyperwhite and clammy looking under a bandaid? It's even weirder on a dark-skinned person.

ZenGum 10-02-2008 08:25 AM

There's a "finger in every pie" gag to be made here, but I can't quite find it.

Seriously Pie, how did you cut the back of your right middle finger?

Even more seriously, a band-aid is no substitute for stitches. Especially on the back of your finger, where the flexing of the knuckles will cause the skin to stretch and thus separate and open the wound. Re-opening really interferes with healing. Infection could lead to permanent loss of mobility.
Without seeing it, and not being a doctor, I vote stitches. Yeah, waiting around for (and getting) them will suck, but an unclosed cut on your hand will suck worse.

If you refuse the stitches, then immobilize the finger with a couple of tongue depressors, one each on front and back, held on with some bandage. Get some betadine or similar antiseptic in there. It stings.

Or just hold it up to a webcam so we can all kiss it better.

glatt 10-02-2008 08:54 AM

The deeper the cut, the more likely you need stitches, but if you wait more than half a day, they probably won't give them to you. After 24 hours, forget it. You are on your own. They won't stitch it up. It traps infection inside.

ZenGum 10-02-2008 08:58 AM

But we ARE sorry about ur finger.

binky 10-02-2008 09:17 AM

Good news, my back, which has been having muscle spasms and severe pain for nearly 2 weeks, is better today. Bad news - my sister in-law invited herself and family to visit us for the weekend, and all the housework which has gone undone the last 2 weeks gets to be done today and tomorrow.

binky 10-02-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 483268)
here, This should sort the problem out for you.

I would rather have the chicken dance or banana phone than "I kissed a girl" which both my girls are singing constantly, so I am doomed.

SteveDallas 10-07-2008 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binky (Post 489003)
I would rather have the chicken dance or banana phone than "I kissed a girl" which both my girls are singing constantly, so I am doomed.

My daughter put it on as her ring tone. :greenface

Good news: I had my two permanent crowns put in just now. They didn't crack! (One of them did on the first attempt.)

Bad news: I'm regretting not taking some Novocaine. It's pretty achy! (The only other crown I've had was over a root canal. I realized, too late, that this isn't a good comparison for a tooth that still has all its innards.)