The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Non-quality images (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=3731)

Lola Bunny 07-05-2012 07:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There's nothing great about this picture except for the fact that my nephew was really excited to see the planes fly across the sky. I was heading over to his place to read to him before his bedtime when I heard a loud noise above. I looked up and saw three planes fly slowly by. I thought to myself what pity my nephew didn't see them because he loves airplanes. I went in and told him about it. He was excited. While talking, we heard the loud jet engine sound again. I yelled, they're flying by again, and I ran out the door with my nephew and my sister behind me. He was so excited to get the tail end of it. Then I noticed that he didn't even where shoes. He ran out into the courtyard barefooted. LOL We went back in and five minutes later, we heard the planes again and again, we ran out. That's when I realized the planes are circling and they pass by us every 5 minutes. So, we all just stood there in the garage to watch the planes fly by for every 5 minutes until they stop. ....hihi

Rhianne 07-05-2012 08:12 PM

Sorry, my love of all things mechanical and sheer pedantry force me to correct you. You heard piston engines, not jet engines! Sorry, I won't do it again...

Lola Bunny 07-05-2012 08:26 PM

Piston engines, it is...:)

Rhianne 07-06-2012 03:29 PM

Are you in the US? I'd guess the two fighters are Mustangs but I wouldn't even be able to have a try at the bigger, less sexy plane. I have a friend though who could probably tell you what the pilots had for lunch.

Gravdigr 07-06-2012 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhianne (Post 818760)
...I wouldn't even be able to have a try at the bigger, less sexy plane...

B-25 Mitchell maybe? The tail configuration is similar (note the diagonally-cut horizontal tail surface), but, I'm not sure the leading edge of the wing is correct. The going away angle of Lola's pic may be deceptive, too.

Attachment 39443

dara 07-28-2012 12:57 PM

Non-quality images

I liked that one too. I can only imagine what a nicer camera with some sort of filter could have captured.the main reason of non quality images is that when we use less quality papers.and non quality images is not acceptable for companies.

Lola Bunny 07-28-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhianne (Post 818760)
Are you in the US? I'd guess the two fighters are Mustangs but I wouldn't even be able to have a try at the bigger, less sexy plane. I have a friend though who could probably tell you what the pilots had for lunch.

Was this question for me? Oops, I'm sorry. I didn't realized a post was directed at me. In case you still care to know, the answer is yes, I live in the U.S. :)

Gravdigr 09-10-2012 08:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I absolutely tripped out when I saw this on the horizon yesterday. Then I remembered that the 'Balloons, Tunes, & Bar B Q Festival' was this past weekend in Bowling Green, KY. I guess he was trying to get in one last ride before packing up. Not too many balloons this year, I understand. Usually a huge turnout though. Wrecked economy, I guess.

Attachment 40588

Gravdigr 09-10-2012 08:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I also saw some turkeys on the way back from the crick.

Attachment 40589

Gravdigr 09-10-2012 08:37 AM

Heheh...

Have you noticed the recent trend of the pics in this thread?

Since post #76, they all have something to do with the sky, or things that fly.

glatt 09-10-2012 08:38 AM

Both are nice! I get excited when I see an unexpected hot air balloon and especially when I see wild turkeys.

Gravdigr 09-10-2012 08:40 AM

I wonder how excited we'd be drinking Wild Turkey in a hot air balloon?

Rhianne 09-10-2012 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If we want to keep the flying thing going...

Last week, I took about 200 pics, none - at least none of the actual flying ones - were very good, but since this is the non-quality thread I suppose it's okay to put this one up of a pair of dragonflies doing what dragonflies do.

Gravdigr 09-10-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhianne (Post 829515)
...Last week, I took about 200 pics, none - at least none of the actual flying ones - were very good...

That's the greatest thing about digital cameras, those 200 or so pics didn't cost you anything besides battery power. Someone here said it best: Electrons are free.

Nice pic, btw.

:D

xoxoxoBruce 09-11-2012 01:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey look, gobblers. :haha: