The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   traveling gnome cellar puppet thread (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=26151)

limey 12-05-2011 04:45 PM

AHEM!!!!! Gnomey should come to SCOTLAND while he is in the UK.

Sundae 12-05-2011 04:58 PM

Well, now we are in a quandry.
I am beholden to post Travelling G to you, as the first poster after the photos.

But of course it would make more sense to bring him to you on the 19th December.
Not talking postage costs.
Talking bout the fact that you and Dana and I only meet once a year (if that) and it might be fun to take the chap on my journey, and the tri-Dwellar meet, and then yours.

You know what - I'll offer it to the floor.

I've slowed Gnomie's progress down considerably, due to a misunderstanding within my family about whether overseas mail equalled Christmas presents.
May I keep him another two weeks so he can feature in my travelogue to Scotland?
He then gets passed to Limey (or Dana, if we've documented Arran) and normal service is resumed.

Or I can post (mail) him to Limey this week and she will do her thang with him and send him on to the next recipient.

zippyt 12-05-2011 05:08 PM

I say carry him With you .

limey 12-05-2011 05:08 PM

Well, he could be posted to me, and then Dana could take him to visit Pilau after our meet-up in Glasgow.... Just to complicate things a little :)

Sundae 12-05-2011 05:15 PM

Now that sounds like a great plan!
I post him to you, to do Arran. You post him to Dani, to do Yorkshire (a small corner of).
And she brings him for our threesome and then posts him to the first Dwellar thereafter.

I'm likey.
Unless I hear a better plan (and I am openminded) I will take photos with him tomorrow and post (mail) to Limes on Wednesday.

After all, there will be plenty of pics from me documenting my journey with or without Gnomie.

classicman 12-05-2011 08:55 PM

Quote:

And she brings him for our threesome
Wait WHAT????????????

ZenGum 12-06-2011 01:18 AM

I think Gnomey should be present for ANY cellar get-together. Any dwellars planning such an event should post here to request his (her? its?) attendance.

infinite monkey 12-06-2011 10:13 AM

With christmas and all that rushing and everything, I think gnomey should take his time. Gnomey can last forever! Gnomey in no hurry. Gnomey knows no homey.

So gnomey needs to be at your GTG! I'd be sad if he weren't.

Sundae 12-06-2011 01:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I took Gnomie to the pub, to show him a slice of English life.
We left Skelly-Bob behind, looking up ossuaries on the internet and trying to recognise friends and family.

We shared a Crabbie's Alcoholic Ginger Beer.
I found I could barely taste the ginger after the few two mouthfuls.
Gnomie got the hiccups.

We perused the menu.
Gnomie found it quite peculiar that I took photos, but was happy to pose nonetheless.

Sundae 12-06-2011 01:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
He tried to suggest I ordered one of the "American style" meals on the menu and seemed especially taken with the Tex Mex Combo. Sadly he didn't win on that scratchcard last night, and as I was paying I made the choice.

So here is my Hell's Chicken Burger.

Side salad separate and I declined the coleslaw, so the plate looks a little spartan.
Gnomie dived in to add a splash of colour.
It was actually quite spicy, but not hot enough for the Gnomes. Perhaps someone else can work out how hot he can take it?

Sundae 12-06-2011 01:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I showed Gnomie where he was headed tomorrow.
I thought by preparing him in advance he'd be less likely to be scared.
It didn't seem to bother him though, he just smiled away.

Tomorrow afternoon he's off to Scotland.

Lamplighter 12-06-2011 01:50 PM

Very good, Sundae. You're a great hostess, and super story-teller.

zippyt 12-06-2011 02:18 PM

Gnomee Knows his food !!

Eggsalant SG !!

footfootfoot 12-06-2011 03:30 PM

When will gnomy visit me?

Sundae 12-06-2011 03:40 PM

You have to be the first poster after the pictures are posted.
It's hit & miss.

He's going to tour the UK first, but at some point in December/ January it's a free-for-all.

Grynch and Gunmaster would look to have the advantage, also being on European time, but they don't seem to be participants in this thread.
Also, I snagged it off Zip, so it's pretty much good luck.

Good luck.