The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Philosophy (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Your "super power" (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6768)

Joe Faux 09-13-2004 12:07 AM

Your "super power"

I'm relatively new to the cellar.org. If this was covered in the past, let me know and I'll look up the thread if possible.

If you had one, what would your “super power” be and how would you use it? The answer often tells much about a person.

(I know this question may seem lightweight compared to others found in this forum, but this childhood question still taunts me for an answer.)

Cyber Wolf 09-13-2004 06:27 AM

Can it only be one? Or can two or three that work in conjuction with each other be considered one?

Undertoad 09-13-2004 07:17 AM

The ability to slow time would be enough to get anything done.

jdbutler 09-13-2004 07:54 AM

Instantaneous thought materializaton...sorta scary thought though, huh?

Catwoman 09-13-2004 08:26 AM

To overcome the restrictions of myself. (Ha - that gets 'em all in one!!)

jdbutler 09-13-2004 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catwoman
To overcome the restrictions of myself. (Ha - that gets 'em all in one!!)

Does that include the leather and bondage paraphenalia?

glatt 09-13-2004 08:55 AM

I would like the power to fly like Superman.

I would use it to start a new competitively priced tower rigging business (changing lightbulbs at the tops of radio and TV station towers.) I might save kittens from trees too, for a fair price. I would entertain other legal business opportunities as they came up.

dar512 09-13-2004 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt
I would like the power to fly like Superman.

I would use it to start a new competitively priced tower rigging business (changing lightbulbs at the tops of radio and TV station towers.) I might save kittens from trees too, for a fair price. I would entertain other legal business opportunities as they came up.

Ah. Superman ... with an agent. :yelgreedy

Catwoman 09-13-2004 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdbutler
Does that include the leather and bondage paraphenalia?

Actually, the suit is moulded from ultra lightweight malleable carbon fibre - to give the flexibility and bullet proofing requirements one needs for day-to-day evil-fighting and building-jumping. The bondage shit is just for show - people are more inclined to respond to my money-making TV spin-offs and movies if they can imagine me as some kind of mistress dominatrix. But Pussywoman never caught on.

lookout123 09-13-2004 09:36 AM

i would be unbreakable so that i could "take care" of the piles of sh*t in the world with no fear of physical damage to myself.

smoothmoniker 09-13-2004 10:25 AM

the ability to control the movement of atoms by telekenesis, individually or in mass.

You could explode things. You could fly. You could change someone's mind by altering the neurons in their brain. You could control the weather. You could do almost anything.

-sm

lookout123 09-13-2004 10:30 AM

so then you say it was an ancient jedi mind trick.

glatt 09-13-2004 10:44 AM

You would also need the wisdom to know how best to control those atom to get the results you want.

smoothmoniker 09-13-2004 11:59 AM

no, i would use them without careful thought or discretion of any kind.

marichiko 09-13-2004 01:53 PM

"I wanna be a rainmaker. I wanna know what it's like to make the rain. I'd store it in little yellow boxes and everyone would say "Let me have some..."