The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   smokers congregate (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20929)

plthijinx 08-28-2009 12:38 AM

smokers congregate

k y'all, smokers unite. here is a website that sells smokes for cheap. i placed an order with them and got it yesterday. took 3 weeks for delivery but at roughly 20 bucks a carton, i'm not complaining! click on the link below....

cheap assed smokes!

classicman 08-28-2009 07:39 AM

from your site -

MARLBORO LIGHT BOX 100
Made in USA
Price $ 51.09

That isn't any cheaper is it? I quit smokin awhile ago, but was curious.
Whats a carton go for locally anyway?

Shawnee123 08-28-2009 08:17 AM

I'm not sure, but I think I've been paying 56-58 bucks a carton. Not much cheaper, if at all, than individual packs.

I'm in denial of the cost. I just pay what they tell me to, as I don't see quitting in the foreseeable future.

Now I need a cigarette. ;)

kerosene 08-28-2009 08:20 AM

I didn't know they had gotten so expensive! I quit a while back, too, but I use to smoke the generics (Smoke 1 menthols you get at Diamond Shamrock.) Those were somewhere around 23.00 a carton.

classicman 08-28-2009 08:28 AM

I think there was shipping involved too. so that makes it about even. Either way, I don't think its worth waiting 3 weeks for delivery. But hey - thats just me.

Madman 08-28-2009 08:34 AM

Over the past 30+ years I've smoked Marlboro's, Kool's, Salem's, Virginia Slims, Benson & Hedges, True, Winston... that's about it I think.

Took me 30 years to feel like shit. Couldn't breathe, couldn't fuck, couldn't laugh without coughing - I was miserable. Finally decided to get off the tobacco gravy train and try to live a life that I wanted to live. So last December (2008), on a whim, I saw my doctor and got a script of Chantix. I smoked the first week while taking it and then stopped completely.

Truth be told, I wanted to quit anyway. The Chantix was a great help because I had little to no "physical" withdrawl. I did want a smoke but I knew that I just didn't "need" one. Those feelings passed after a few minutes.

It's been what? Nine months from the first weekend of December 2008 when I quit. It's great! I'm back into a hobby I haven't done for 20+ years - hiking. I can breath and um... yes, that too. :)

My wife still smokes, but I don't pressure her. I understand the addiction to smoking and the actual "enjoyment" of it. I was there and I did like to smoke. I do miss it, but I like feeling better more.

I don't harrass smokers, but if you ever decide to quit and need some encouragement... I'm your man.

kerosene 08-28-2009 08:39 AM

That's awesome, Madman. What a great story! I wish I had known you quit back in spring. I was struggling with it, then. But I am so glad to be done with it, too. I don't even cheat and have one once in a while anymore. I just don't miss it.

plthijinx 08-28-2009 08:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 590762)
from your site -

MARLBORO LIGHT BOX 100
Made in USA
Price $ 51.09

That isn't any cheaper is it? I quit smokin awhile ago, but was curious.
Whats a carton go for locally anyway?

i don't know where you were looking.....i paid $16.90 plus shipping for 5 cartons and it was around 120 bucks.....

Shawnee123 08-28-2009 09:02 AM

Dear plthijinx:

Please moderate the "former" and "non" smokers out of this thread.

kthxbai

;)

plthijinx 08-28-2009 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 590783)
Dear plthijinx:

kthxbai

;)

:rotflol:

enter at your own risk! :D

now if you'll 'scuse me.... i gotta go get some more :coffee2: and a :fumette:

classicman 08-28-2009 09:15 AM

I live in the US - I was looking at the US prices ($51.09) not the EU ($16.90)

Ohh wait - Do they post the US & EU prices, yet you actually only pay the EU?

Madman 08-28-2009 09:18 AM

That's great too Case. I've tried to quit in the past, but never did. I know it's because I really didn't want to anyway. It's a tough habit to quit, but people can quit.

I still have to buy smokes for my wife. She smokes those long skinny things... Capri. $50+ bucks a carton. Shits expensive. When I was in the military I used to buy an entire carton of Basic Menthols for just over $3 bucks a carton. Now those are probably up to $50 bucks a carton too.

Now I take the money I used to spend on my smokes and take my wife to dinner.

classicman 08-28-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Delivery Info for European made cigarettes:
We send cigarettes from Europe via air mail.

Shipping Times and Costs:
USA, Canada 10-30 days $ 6.40 per carton
Europe 10-21 days $ 6.40 per carton

ok, I got it - had to go to another page to find the answer.

Shawnee123 08-28-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plthijinx (Post 590785)
enter at your own risk! :D

now if you'll 'scuse me.... i gotta go get some more :coffee2: and a :fumette:

Ya heathen! (I'm right behind you!) :lol:

kerosene 08-28-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 590783)
Dear plthijinx:

kthxbai

;)

You're just mad because I gave Cic your spot on the couch. And pick up those cigarette butts! This isn't a bar, it's a furniture factory! :D