The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Can you do this? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19965)

jinx 04-02-2009 09:32 PM

Can you do this?

1 Attachment(s)
Well?

Beestie 04-02-2009 09:46 PM

Ouch. No.

Oooouuuuuuch. Still no.

wolf 04-02-2009 09:56 PM

I wore contacts for a couple years. After the first few times it's a piece of cake, really.

monster 04-02-2009 10:23 PM

put contacts in? Sure. how the hell else would I see?

Touch my eyeball without a contact between it and my finger ...well I can, but it's generally not a pleasant sensation, so I don't.

lumberjim 04-02-2009 11:11 PM

ack!

lumberjim 04-02-2009 11:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am scared to try touching my eyeball.....

can you bend just the first knuckle?

Juniper 04-02-2009 11:24 PM

Touch my eyeball? No problem.
I can do the knuckle thing, but not as good as my daughter.
Can you wiggle your ears? I can. Without touching them, that is. :)

monster 04-02-2009 11:28 PM

The first knuckle thing is related to wanking, tha knows......

Aliantha 04-03-2009 03:16 AM

I can do the eyeball thing and the knuckle thing.

Can you bend your thumb back so the top joint forms a 90 degree angle?

I can. (picture later if anyone wants to see)

sweetwater 04-03-2009 06:17 AM

I can touch my eyeball, wiggle my ears (even one at a time, woohoo!), do the Vulcan hand thing, and simultaneously write in reverse & upside down. Even write with both hands at the same time so that the script converges in a mirror-image way, but only with the same word(s). There is no known market for any of my special talents, though. *sigh*

Pie 04-03-2009 07:59 AM

I can do the finger thing and touch my eyeball.
Can you roll your tongue? Turn it sideways? Or make a 3-leaf clover out of it? Or make it really 'fat'? :eyebrow:

ETA: there is a market for my talents, wink wink nudge nudge.

Juniper 04-03-2009 09:41 AM

Pie! My daughter can do the tongue thing. When ever she demonstrates, I have to remind myself that she is only 13 and has no idea what kind of comments she will be opening herself to pretty soon, if she continues. :rolleyes:

I can do the writing backward thing too, with my left hand. I demonstrated this for my son just two nights ago after we were using his mini-whiteboard to practice math. I wrote something, he gave me a funny look and I told him to go check it in the mirror. :)

There used to be a TV weather guy who wrote things backwards as he stood behind a glass panel with the map on it; I always thought that was pretty nifty.

dar512 04-03-2009 10:03 AM

Touch my eyeball - yes.
One knuckle only - yes.
Hitchhiker thumb - yes.
Tongue roll etc. - yes - though I can't roll my R's.
Can't do the ears or the backward writing.

But I can wiggle my nose. I wiggled it during our wedding vows trying to make Mrs. Dar crack up, but she managed to resist.

Shawnee123 04-03-2009 10:30 AM

I can touch my eyeball. I can't do the knuckle thing but I can form a star trek V but curl the two fingers in the middle around my pointer and pinkie, without assistance from the other hand(s)

I can roll my tongue, fold it over, and under....but could never trill my r's.

I can stand on my toes, if I don't have shoes on. Actually they fold under and I stand on them, not on point.

I'm talentless.

kerosene 04-03-2009 01:09 PM

Yes to the knuckle thing, hitchikers thumb and the eyeball thing. The only fancy thing I can do with my tongue is tie a cherry stem in a knot. But that is even with the help of my teeth. I can write backwards, too.