The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Current Events (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Drug Wars tooooo close to home! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=17222)

Cloud 05-10-2008 08:05 PM

Drug Wars tooooo close to home!

So--I live in a border town. El Paso/Cd. Juarez is essentially one big city, with an international border in the middle. Lots of commerce between the two. But let's just say--tourism is way down. People used to go to visit, to shop, to eat, to drink--not so much any more.

Over 200 people have been killed this year alone--many of them police officers--in a war to control drug smuggling routes into the US. The violence is horrendous: executions, drive-by shootings are the least of it. People's heads cut off, kidnappings, multiple graves unearthed in suburban houses, (Houses of Death);

--and that's not even mentioning the mysterious and still unsolved rape-murders of perhaps 400 hundred women over the last decade, which may or may not be connected.

All this is happening a stone's throw from my very door. Is this on anyone's radar but El Pasoans?

Very, very scary.

zippyt 05-10-2008 08:18 PM

Do what I do ,
Step out in the side yard and Boom with yer .44 mag lever action ,
it keeps the Meth heads away

TheMercenary 05-11-2008 12:30 PM

Wait till those illegal mofo's start bringing it you your side of the fence.
Arm yourself, shoot to kill.

Cicero 05-11-2008 12:44 PM

Yea, I live in a drug town/crime town...No one from Santa fe will live here..The whites are scared of this place. But the outbreak of violence inside santa fe makes me want to stay here on the outskirts on our quiet little property. Oh and I am ready for a B and E. I am also ready to be attacked in the city. Don't care..I will defend myself. They know it and I know it..They kind of test you first to see exactly how stupid you are, and I get that look about me that says that I will fight to the death over my purse or any of my belongings...so..they back off. They actually only like really easy targets.

It isn't just the illegals either...the whites and everybody else get addicted to the drugs too..Like that guy scouting out my wallet at the gas station the other day......

Cloud 05-19-2008 12:41 PM

This week's death toll: 25

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_929787...ce=most_viewed

TheMercenary 05-19-2008 10:06 PM

I just say nuke the other side of the fence and then mine it.

Cloud 05-19-2008 10:10 PM

then where would our teenagers go to get drunk?

Oh, I forgot! Merc's house!

TheMercenary 05-19-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 455138)
then where would our teenagers go to get drunk?

Oh, I forgot! Merc's house!

:D
Not!!!
:D

dar512 05-20-2008 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 455136)
I just say nuke the other side of the fence and then mine it.

Your right-wing blather is starting to get as boring as Radar's libertarian blather.

TheMercenary 05-20-2008 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar512 (Post 455239)
Your right-wing blather is starting to get as boring as Radar's libertarian blather.

The difference is I don't take it seriously.

dar512 05-20-2008 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 455314)
The difference is I don't take it seriously.

If you say so. But that doesn't mean your simplistic answers to complex problems will make eyes roll any less than Radars.

TheMercenary 05-20-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dar512 (Post 455331)
If you say so. But that doesn't mean your simplistic answers to complex problems will make eyes roll any less than Radars.

[tongueincheek]
That is because you fail to recognize the true depth of the simplistic statements [/tongueincheek]

Cloud 05-24-2008 11:15 AM

Weekend of death

and it's just beginning. From today's paper:

Quote:

Juárez recorded at least 11 more homicides linked to organized crime Friday . . . The deaths included the discovery of five bodies wrapped in blankets in an empty lot in an upscale east Juárez neighborhood about a mile from the border . . .

The grizzly find came less than a day after an anonymous e-mail warning predicted this would be the "bloodiest and deadliest" weekend in the city's history.

Two of the bodies were decapitated and wrapped in white plastic. Attached to them was a note calling them "traitors" who were associated with a reputed leader of the Sinaloa drug cartel.

The note was signed "La Linea," or The Line, a name given to corrupt police officers who allegedly protect drug traffickers, according to police documents.

Sundae 05-24-2008 11:18 AM

Grizzly? Grisly, surely?

But for the record I am quite horrified.
I will remember this when I hear another hell in a handbasket report about crime in London.

Cloud 05-24-2008 11:25 AM

yeah, decapitated bodies lying strewn about are Not. Good. Needless to say, I won't be crossing the border anytime soon--at least not into Juarez.

But I miss Mexico! I want to go San Miguel de Allende and rent a villa there for a while. And never come back.