The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   YOU BOUGHT ME A CAR!!! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19272)

Undertoad 01-16-2009 04:31 PM

YOU BOUGHT ME A CAR!!!

http://cellar.org/2009/cellarcar1.jpg

Oh dammit, who the fuck parked in my driveway while I was out? Probably one of Jackie's kids' friends... now there'll be a full house and my friend is visiting...

http://cellar.org/2009/cellarcar2.jpg

Whoa... those little papers aren't just random... I know those people!

http://cellar.org/2009/cellarcar3.jpg

Are you serious? Are you fucking kidding me?

http://cellar.org/2009/cellarcar4.jpg

You AREN'T KIDDING ME! The dwellars chipped in and BOUGHT ME BASIC TRANSPORTATION! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :o :o

I love you people you know that? This changes everything -- if I get the job I interviewed for last Wednesday, I can actually GET THERE and earn enough money to keep the house where the rest of my life is.

AND MORE IMPORTANTLY, I DON'T FEEL LIKE A TOTAL LOSER.

I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!

I will now collect all the pieces of paper and will thank each of you personally over the weekend.

And you, James -- you --

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

It is a beautiful thing you and you all have done.

It's even a 5 speed!!!!

They even armor-all'd the tires. I don't deserve this!!

Jim. My friends. Merry Christmas to you all and may your God bless you, every one.

monster 01-16-2009 04:35 PM

:D
I've been sitting here waiting for this thread. Now I can go out.....

...thanks for the cellar, UT.

Clodfobble 01-16-2009 04:36 PM

You do deserve it, Tony. 'Nuff said.

glatt 01-16-2009 04:38 PM

:)

TheMercenary 01-16-2009 04:39 PM

Damm! Congrats. You deserve it. I have been waiting for a week for this damm thing to go down. Glad to see it is over. More pics! More pics! :D

HungLikeJesus 01-16-2009 04:40 PM

But did it include undercoating?

TheMercenary 01-16-2009 04:42 PM

make sure it actually has an engine. I am not sure anyone claimed that bit.

Undertoad 01-16-2009 04:42 PM

Now it's dark out and I can't take any more pics! In the morning, another set.

I have a little tear, srsly!

You all could not be more awesome and I can't say enough!

Clodfobble 01-16-2009 04:43 PM

Make sure you get J take one of you inside it. :)

DanaC 01-16-2009 04:44 PM

*grins* what Clod said. You absolutely deserve this. And you never have been a loser. You da Toad.

Bloody hell Lj, when you set out to do something, you do it in style.

lumberjim 01-16-2009 04:51 PM

I'll sell you the key to it for $2000

;)

DanaC 01-16-2009 04:51 PM

lol

sweetwater 01-16-2009 04:55 PM

It's a beautiful car from some beautiful people. This made my day. It feels a bit like the end of It's a Wonderful Life, only this is real. ::wipes tear::

Cicero 01-16-2009 04:57 PM

Thank jim and jinx. :) They pulled this together pronto and all the legwork and secrecy...jeeeezuz! Bless their hearts...;) Oh and I thought the choice of car was perfect...Fantastic work!! Great execution!!

They rock.

They just let me be a part of it.

F'ing finally!! I've been sitting here all damned day!! :)

lol!!!

I seriously sent a cut out for the headlight with my name, so you could turn on the headlight at night, and continuously run over my name..lol!

Too bad that didn't work out...lol!

Once again, thank you jim and jinxer!!!

God this board can keep a secret.....it's almost scary...:)

Here's some theme music for a car ride:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7VsoxT_FUY

Happy trails UT...You deserve it.

TheMercenary 01-16-2009 04:59 PM

Yea, mucho kudos to J&J, esp J. Well done. Cock.

Elspode 01-16-2009 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 523098)
Make sure you take J inside of it. :)

This is what Clod really meant to say.

You are *more* than deserving, UT. We're all blessed by this amazing community you provide for us. Seemed only fair that we do something for you.

Jim had a grand idea, and I think he found a kickass car for the price.

Undertoad 01-16-2009 05:03 PM

It rawks!!! I took it around the block... it has some srs pep to it as well, and did he mention full service records?

Flint 01-16-2009 05:05 PM

Dude. How awesome. Feel the love.

HungLikeJesus 01-16-2009 05:07 PM

So, what did you get? With all those stickers on it, it's hard to tell what it is.

kerosene 01-16-2009 05:11 PM

Awesome! This thread makes me so happy.

Beautiful job, Jim and Jinx.

Cicero 01-16-2009 05:15 PM

This warms the cockles. :)

Undertoad 01-16-2009 05:16 PM

It's a 95 Maxima, with about 160K on it.

Dark colored cars look awesome at twilight. :D

DanaC 01-16-2009 05:18 PM

God, how long did it take you guys to stick all those stickers on?

TheMercenary 01-16-2009 05:24 PM

Hey Jim, how about the story of the delivery.

morethanpretty 01-16-2009 05:30 PM

We own your soul now UT. Nope sorry, you can't give back the car, and we won't give back your soul. No tradeybackseys!

For serious, you deserve it. You've done so much more for us with this community.

Thank you to Jim for the idea, organization and implementation.

lumberjim 01-16-2009 05:31 PM

Let me just thank you, cellar dwellars. You all dug deep.

When I got the idea, I was thinking wow,...dood is jammed up....i bet i could help....get him a $300-$500 car......just so he could get to interviews and what not.....

So, I sent about 25 of you PMs to see if it sounded like a good idea, and if you wanted to kick in.....and immediately understood that it would be....

Then one of the salesmen read over my shoulder and asked what it was all about, and when i told him.....he said he knew of a really nice car.......but it sounded way out of the range....

then, once i set it up, and the donations began to roll in....i was hopeful......and then we surpassed the mark for it, and there will be enough to top off the tip jar and cover tags, too.

awesome job cellar! SRSLY

for those of you that didnt actually send any cash, but responded favorably, I DID go ahead and dedicate parts for you, and those that did donate but didn't pick parts in time, too.

If you feel guilty, send something in to the tip jar.

I also should mention that jinx has been very patient with me these 2 weeks too....I fear that I may be a little negligent of other areas when I get a hair like this across my ass.

Aliantha 01-16-2009 05:34 PM

How excitement! And red cars go faster too!!!

lumberjim 01-16-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 523121)
Hey Jim, how about the story of the delivery.

well, i got a guy to follow me out there, and wait while i taped little pieces of paper all over the car.....it was fucking cold as balls and windy, naturally...

then i couldn't get the one bolt off of the dealer tag i'd borrowed, so i froze for another 10 minutes until i did.

i took some quick video...ill put it up later.

I had expected UT to be at home, but as I pulled up, jackie called me and told me that he had gone out to lunch with a friend...so ...no crying video...wah

All in all, it went pretty smoothly.

TheMercenary 01-16-2009 05:40 PM

totally awesomelinessliness

Undertoad 01-16-2009 05:44 PM

Yeah there ya go not keeping your significant other updated with your plans. My good buddy from college called yesterday, he's suddenly in from California with a sick mom. Asked if I wanted to go to lunch today. So there we are at Pudge's in Blue Bell chowing down when Jackie calls.

"Are you at home?"
"No I'm out with that guy Joe, my old buddy? We're in Blue Bell."
"Ohhhh... I, uh, I didn't know you were going out today."
"Oh! Sorry, didn't think you'd even know since you're at work."
"Oh um well call me when you get home."
"Is it important?"
"Oh, um, not really but just... just call me when you get home."

Damn, I thought, something must be up the way she's acting, but I know Jackie, if she was in urgent need she'd let me know right away. I guess this can wait until I get home.

lumberjim 01-16-2009 05:48 PM

smooth

oh...i meant to say this in that post up there^....

to those of you that didn't get the pm...it's cicero's fault....she was in charge of the list of invitees.

kidding....

seriously....I am sorry, I know i must have missed someone...and you probably feel left out. this was a secret thing, and I apologize to you ....whoever you are!?....

again.....kick in to the tip jar, and stuff

SteveDallas 01-16-2009 05:55 PM

LJ, I didn't see the back of the car... were you able to get the WHL PNS license plate like you talked about?

No, seriously, enjoy, UT.

Trilby 01-16-2009 06:24 PM

UT, you soooo deserve this! This community is more like family than my family and it's all thanks to you for keeping it all alive! Jim and Jinx are awesome rawk starz and just...wow! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Enjoy the love!!!! :) :) :)

capnhowdy 01-16-2009 06:40 PM

Damn. This IS awesome. I thought it was a joke at first. You guys are all so cool.
Tony deserves it. I never knew a thing, which is what I deserve for a year and a half haitus.
When did you guys start planning this thing?
How did you decide what kind of car a thickstringer would love?
You really CAN feel the love. Almost makes me wish I hadn't been saved.

zippyt 01-16-2009 06:43 PM

BooYah UT !!!!

You Da Man !!!

Good Job Jim !!!

Wickedly_Tasteful 01-16-2009 06:51 PM

that is so cool...when KV told me to join this forum she said you guys were a really cool group of people and now i know just how cool everyone is...im happy to be here

capnhowdy 01-16-2009 06:54 PM

We are happy to SEE you too.

By the way... did you take the test already?

Pooka 01-16-2009 06:55 PM

Thanks Jim for doing this and allowing us all to be a part of it.

I know that I speak for many many of us when I say the Celler means A LOT to us... on a personal level if it weren't for you guys and that at the root of it means UT of course... Flint wouldn't have the job he has and we wouldn't be able to pay our bills.

WE love you man... we love you.

And Jim... you are truly the best example of a friend I've seen.

DanaC 01-16-2009 07:11 PM

Beautifully put Pooka.

@ Wicked: I know isn't it wonderful? I don't think I'd have had the guts to do half the things I've done over the last few years if I hadn't had Dwellars shoring me up. I don't know if Undertoad fully comprehends what it is he has given to people (to me, and to others for much longer) by keeping the Cellar open all these years. It's enriched my life.

Trilby 01-16-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 523158)
Beautifully put Pooka.

@ Wicked: I know isn't it wonderful? I don't think I'd have had the guts to do half the things I've done over the last few years if I hadn't had Dwellars shoring me up. I don't know if Undertoad fully comprehends what it is he has given to people (to me, and to others for much longer) by keeping the Cellar open all these years. It's enriched my life.

Beautifully put Dana! :) "Enriched" is exactly what the cellar has done for my life, too!

jinx 01-16-2009 07:36 PM

Yay!
But I didn't do anything, it was all Jim.

And teh cellr rocks.

skysidhe 01-16-2009 07:46 PM

It's a beauty. Congratulations UT. Having just bought a new car of my own I know how having a good set of wheels feels.

Lj and the cellaries. You guys are amazing. What a beautiful thing to do.

monster 01-16-2009 07:52 PM

there is a little more to come..... bloody post office.....

Sheldonrs 01-16-2009 07:59 PM

Well as soon as he told me that you would come over and blow me, I HAD to help. ;)

You earned that and more from us UT. Some days, the Cellar is one of the few bright spots of my day. :D

lumberjim 01-16-2009 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 523169)
there is a little more to come..... bloody post office.....

oh shit!

i was going to make some reference to that, but completely forgot! sorry monster!

monster made a set of fuzzy dice and a steering wheel cover for you.....

post that picture, zippy!

my hours conflict with my post office's and it was too big to fit in my PO box, so they hold it behind the desk.

zippyt 01-16-2009 08:12 PM

Monster Made some goodies for yer new car UT ,
Jim fergot to get them from the Post office ,
Heres a Pic ,
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3330/...fd226a9a_o.jpg

Undertoad 01-16-2009 08:21 PM

Fucking awesome monster!

lumberjim 01-16-2009 08:31 PM

TheMercenary 01-16-2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 523174)
oh shit!

i was going to make some reference to that, but completely forgot! sorry monster!

monster made a set of fuzzy dice and a steering wheel cover for you.....

post that picture, zippy!

my hours conflict with my post office's and it was too big to fit in my PO box, so they hold it behind the desk.

Lying ball sack. It's hanging in your car, isn't it? :D Couldn't resist monster's fuzzy things.

monster 01-16-2009 08:55 PM

That was me, in ur car, and I farted right on the target :) :lol:

lumberjim 01-16-2009 09:07 PM

damn...i forgot the fart target

that was gonna be from flint

Pico and ME 01-16-2009 09:39 PM

Wow, you guys are awesome!

This is really impressive.

DanaC 01-16-2009 10:04 PM

lol Shel's tailpipe.

[eta] monster I lurve the dice. Oh they are sweet.

Stormieweather 01-16-2009 10:16 PM

Congratulations!!! This sort of thing is what makes this place so special. I wish I could have helped, and I feel all guilty for being unable to...:thepain: . In any case, I'm very happy it worked out and UT is mobile again!

You all rock.

Stormie

seakdivers 01-16-2009 11:16 PM

Yay!!

Its a pretty one!!

classicman 01-16-2009 11:49 PM

Glad you like it UT - Its just a small token of appreciation from all of us to you.
Jim - no matter what they say, and they say A LOT - you really are a good guy and a great friend.

Cloud 01-17-2009 12:54 AM

amazing thing to be a part of, on the giving end, and I'm sure on the receiving end, too.

The Cellar is a special place.

Razzmatazz13 01-17-2009 01:10 AM

I tried to explain this to my dad tonight...

He was (pleasantly) amazed that there was a website on the internet where all the users would trust one person with their money, to do a random act of kindness toward someone else on the site. :D

I second the cellar being the most special-est place on earth.

wolf 01-17-2009 01:14 AM

I think this is going to be the best internet pwning EVER.

We love you, man.

Great job, LJ!!

xoxoxoBruce 01-17-2009 01:47 AM

Car? What car? :driving: