The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   You have your own minion.... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18071)

morethanpretty 09-10-2008 12:34 AM

You have your own minion....

What would your minion be?
What would its name be?
What special abilities would it have?

I'm going to be cliche and say I would have a dragon! She would be purple, green and blue. She would have Chinese dragon body, not a medieval one. Instead of fire she breaths liquid nitrogen turning her target into ice, not so handy on cold nights, but I'm not gonna complain to her. In order to travel with me she shrinks to fit into my pocket. Of course she can fly, she won't let me ride her though. She calls herself Inverno Rigido, she spent some time living in Italy and became enamored with the language, deciding afterward to go by Hard Winter in Italian.

morethanpretty 09-10-2008 12:44 AM

Maybe mine's more like a familiar than a minion. Oh well, that's what I want!

lumberjim 09-10-2008 12:46 AM

mine would be a toad....that could get ....under things......what would i call it.... hmmmm.....

Sundae 09-10-2008 06:15 AM

I would have the Sprite, from the Sprite adverts.
I don't know if you got that in the US, but he was lovely.

He would come into work with me, and I would occupy him with activities like counting and sorting my paperclips to keep him out of trouble.

Then he would ride in my bag while we went out for the evening. If he occasionally popped out and came back with spare coins and notes it wouldn't be my fault... You can't help these klepto sprites...

Also, he would get on very well with Diz, and play with him when I was too tired. They would scramble about the flat and wear eachother out, then curl up with him in his heated bed, creeping in with me in the early hours (like Diz).

Oh, and he'd eat raw mince and liver. Which would make his breath smell, but you can't have everything.

DanaC 09-10-2008 06:24 AM

I have one. He's called Pilau, his special abilities are barking, biting and being very smelly.

ferret88 09-10-2008 07:37 AM

Mine would be a little gnome that wears some bling and carries a shovel. He would eat all the extra junk left laying around and poop it into gold and then use the shovel to heave it into my bank account.

Oh, wait. That's an online game...

Clodfobble 09-10-2008 10:01 AM

I have two minions. They are hyperactive, destructive, and regularly make me clean up their poop and vomit. But they're adorable, so I let them stay. Their special power is getting me out of social events I'd rather not attend in the first place.

SteveDallas 09-10-2008 10:07 AM

Mine would sit outside my office and explain to people that why, yes, I DID notice that the email server was down, and that it will be fixed sooner if I don't have a parade of visitors and phones calls informing me that it's down and asking me when it'll be fixed.

Shawnee123 09-10-2008 10:09 AM

Are minions exchangeable? For example, if I chose a minion and that minion didn't work out, could I upgrade my minion?

I like ferret's minion idea, but it seems unfair and tacky to want a minion just because everyone else has that minion. Minion fads come and go, as well.

My minion should be timeless, elegant. My minion should laugh at all my jokes and kick the shins of those who discount me. My minion needs to be literate, eloquent, and polite, yet not afraid to express minion viewpoints. My minion should smell like lilies and taste like bacon.

I want an omni-minion.

Nirvana 09-10-2008 10:30 AM

I am a minion...

Sundae 09-10-2008 10:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 482701)
My minion should be timeless, elegant. My minion should laugh at all my jokes and kick the shins of those who discount me. My minion needs to be literate, eloquent, and polite, yet not afraid to express minion viewpoints. My minion should smell like lilies and taste like bacon.

I want an omni-minion.

I think I may have set my sights too low

Shawnee123 09-10-2008 10:44 AM

I've ignored any minimum minion requirements. I need a mega-minion. :3eye:

edit: Please help me name my minion. I would start another thread for naming my minion but then I would have to not only start that thread but then explain it in the "explain your thread" thread and at some point I would need to be stopped, if not by force then by harsh stares. ;)

NAME A MINION TODAY!

Beest 09-10-2008 11:50 AM

Fillet minion, mmmmmmmm

lookout123 09-10-2008 12:01 PM

my minion is a gila monster. he's just a normal looking gila monster, orange and black and kind of trippy looking. he doesn't look unusual and doesn't know any foreign languages - just english. i like his sense of humor. he really isn't that different than Hobbes, except he's a gila monster, not a tiger. and instead of having normal intestines and stuff he's full of little tiny djinns who, by virtue of their great numbers, can grant me an unlimited number of wishes. usually i just wish for my gila monster to bite people. it makes me laugh when they scream.

Flint 09-10-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 482698)
I have two minions. They are hyperactive, destructive, and regularly make me clean up their poop and vomit. But they're adorable, so I let them stay. Their special power is getting me out of social events I'd rather not attend in the first place.

I think I hired my minions from the same agency.