The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Shit that annoys you... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13254)

Sundae 03-01-2007 01:59 PM

This is less to do with my pace and more to do with behaviour and respect.

I have peripheral vision (mirrors if I am driving).
As a pedestrian I don't stop so suddenly that someone walks into the back of me or has to make a bizarre sideways jerk to avoid doing so - in the same way I wouldn't in a car.

Of course I don't expect other people to move at the same pace as me - I just prefer them to have some awareness of what is happening around them.

If decided to stop suddenly in a car (we're talking non-emergency situation) I would check my mirrors beforehand. All I want is for people to have a similar consideration when shopping.

Don't step back to look at something without seeing if anyone is approaching.
Don't stand with your two friends for a chat in the middle of an aisle.
Don't stop suddenly in a crowded shop where there will obviously be people right behind you.
I was taught this as a child as a matter of respect. Although my parents are 60+ now (and Dad with a cane and a replacement knee) it still applies to them as well as me.

And re tailgating - I could say the same about the people who press their shopping trolleys against my legs in queues (all have been OAPs, hence my original rant). I can't step forward any more without encroaching on the personal space of the person in front - so don't think pressing up against me is going to help - it's just damn rude.

My issue is with people who don't show me the same consideration I show them. If is was simply about people who didn't move quickly enough I'd be shoving them out of my path. I don't care if someone is a spotty teen, an OAP or in a motorised wheelchair - if they contravene my "rules of the road" it annoys the shit out of me. I do nothing about it apart from the occasional fart (have searced - perhaps I didn't post that here) and this thread.

Shawnee123 03-01-2007 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 319311)
Of course I don't expect other people to move at the same pace as me - I just prefer them to have some awareness of what is happening around them.

Which is what I was saying, also.

What happens is that the people who don't give a fuck that other people inhabit the earth can grow into old people who don't give a fuck that other people inhabit the earth (and I could carry this further but if my previous statements were misconstrued I can only imagine what would transpire if I elaborated.)

Can we put away our tissues now? :cool:

barefoot serpent 03-01-2007 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 319313)
Can we put away our tissues now? :cool:

No! there's that GD split-V stream that happens after getting frisky.:blush:

King 03-03-2007 05:59 AM

People on buses with prams. I know you have to get your kid somewhere, but a pram barely fits up the aisle to begin with, never mind when there are already more people on the bus than there should be.

xoxoxoBruce 03-03-2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barefoot serpent (Post 319368)
No! there's that GD split-V stream that happens after getting frisky.:blush:

That's such a pain in the ass. I usually sit down for the first pee after getting frisky, to avoid the mess. :angel:

Perry Winkle 03-03-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 319887)
That's such a pain in the ass. I usually sit down for the first pee after getting frisky, to avoid the mess. :angel:

Have you tried giving it the Presta valve treatment?

xoxoxoBruce 03-03-2007 08:04 PM

If I were to get frisky with anyone but Rosy Palm, there might be considerable objection, from the attacked, that the attackee is unsuitably equipped.
After all
Quote:

The small diameter of the Presta valve requires a smaller hole....
:o

Perry Winkle 03-03-2007 09:28 PM

Fuck, social "games." I like movies like Swingers as much as the next guy, but I never took them as a guidebook.

Griff 03-05-2007 06:27 AM

snowmobiles