The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What are You Watching on Netflix Instant/Amazon Prime/orwhateverotherinstreaming (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27934)

monster 06-06-2017 05:59 PM

oh sorry, I didn't mean to bring everyone down. but seeing as I have... apart from the ongoing health crap, one of Goalieboy's high school hockey teammates -who has also played on teams with Thunderboy- committed Suicide on Memorial Day Weekend. By jumping off an overpass near the school. The day I was at the ER dealing with my teen with depression. It's been tough. But we go on. And up. Because why not, right? Adapt and survive.

Tonight I hope to watch the inside of my eyelids for longer than 4 hours, so maybe I need to search Amazon for the dullest movie EVER! ;)

Griff 06-06-2017 06:07 PM

We had a suicide in our area recently as well. I had to make some calls on a client who brought it up and my nephew spent a few days keeping an eye on his friend's little brother who was close to the dead kid. So far it hasn't turned into a rash of attempts, but teens make you nervous.

monster 06-06-2017 07:30 PM

[complete aside]

Hey Griff, I just wanted you to know that quote in your signature has really helped me get through some of the shit. :)

[/ok I 'm done, as you were, back to the watching things business.....]

BigV 06-06-2017 08:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 990081)
I watched You before Me on Amazon last night. stayed up way past when I should. Schmaltzy but I needed an excuse to shed a few TBH. Life is a bit shit now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 990107)
We're thinking about you guys, monster. I'm sorry for all the crap you've been handed.

I've been thinking about you and yours too. My post is a little late, but I snapped this one on yesterday's commute home. Thinkin of you guyz.

Attachment 60809

monster 06-06-2017 09:39 PM

I failed with the dull movie and started Roadhouse. Ooops, (on Youtube, super-shitty quality but I don't care). Banana Lady arrives tomorrow. I took a break to vac the stairs and I really should go to bed...... But.... Roadhouse!

Well, is she?

Griff 06-08-2017 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 990207)
[complete aside]

Hey Griff, I just wanted you to know that quote in your signature has really helped me get through some of the shit. :)

[/ok I 'm done, as you were, back to the watching things business.....]

Thanks, I find it comforting.

I'm still watching Handmaid's Tale. I'm not a binge watcher apparently. This show is very good and very disturbing.

monster 06-08-2017 10:25 AM

did you read the book?

captainhook455 06-08-2017 03:14 PM

Everyone is too noisy. Y'all have to be quiet while Judge Judy is on. I watch her from 3-4 on ch.3.2 then from 4-5 on ch. 3.1.

I also cook during the commercials. Today is a small chuck roast for three with taters, pole beans, crushed clove of garlic, celery seed, parsley, Cajun seasoning, fake salt and real pepper. My wife will say, what no rice?

captainhook455 06-08-2017 03:21 PM

Forgot the white onions.

DanaC 06-08-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainhook455 (Post 990358)
Everyone is too noisy. Y'all have to be quiet while Judge Judy is on. I watch her from 3-4 on ch.3.2 then from 4-5 on ch. 3.1.

I also cook during the commercials. Today is a small chuck roast for three with taters, pole beans, crushed clove of garlic, celery seed, parsley, Cajun seasoning, fake salt and real pepper. My wife will say, what no rice?

My mum and I are both big fans!

Griff 06-09-2017 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 990330)
did you read the book?

Yeah, damn creepy.

captainhook455 06-09-2017 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 990361)
My mum and I are both big fans!

Wow she is over there too. Judge Judy gets around. I like that she has to figure out who is telling the truth. Body language has lot to do with it I'm sure.

DanaC 06-09-2017 01:34 PM

Yep. I am totally addicted

konopej 06-14-2017 07:57 AM

stumbled upon I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore by Netflix - really awesome mixture of comedy, detective and i don't knoe what else. Everything! Enjoyed it immensely, and I really like Elijah Wood, I have to admit

Gravdigr 06-14-2017 08:06 AM

Judge Judy - yeah, no.

You can do your job, any job, without being a complete and total goddamn bitch. I literally would not throw water on her if she was on fire, I would watch her burn.

Not too many people bring that out in me.