The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So, Like, I got Fired ... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24897)

wolf 04-12-2011 09:03 PM

So, Like, I got Fired ...

As I quietly announced in my user title, I am unemployed.

Fired.

Shit-canned.

It's an entirely surreal experience.

The last time I lost my job, the company closed down.

That's what got me to the nuthouse as a temp. 19 years ago this summer. That's one hell of a temporary job, eh?

I learned a lot, my life headed in directions that I never expected.

But it's done.

Over.

The really short version is that although I am an awesome person, and really smart, and really capable, and know the law and the job really super well, I don't work and play well with others.

Because of something that I maintain that I did not do, I am sitting in my chair, with the television on for company, wondering what the fuck I am going to do.

I'm trying to start with the small stuff. I've been doing laundry today, and I threw some past-date stuff out of the refrigerator.

I also have started looking for an attorney. I know shit-all about choosing an attorney, so if anyone knows one with termination-of-employment experience, it would be helpful.

I have some documents that need to be looked over.

I am also looking for pointers on how to fill out the unemployment paperwork.

oh. fuck.

monster 04-12-2011 09:15 PM

wolf, that's horrible, I am so sorry. I wish I could help, but definitely fight it.

plthijinx 04-12-2011 09:18 PM

damn wolf! you do have the option of going to the state for a doc (dept of cor) job right?

wolf 04-12-2011 09:20 PM

Because of my current state of learned helplessness, I'm not sure that there is anything to fight for.

zippyt 04-12-2011 09:40 PM

Fight it Wolf !!!!

Wolf Helpless ??

I say BULL SHIT !!!!!

Nirvana 04-12-2011 09:51 PM

This is so WTF! :thepain:

monster 04-12-2011 10:09 PM

use the anon account and tell us the story. in a different thread

anonymoo 04-12-2011 10:35 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. Our collective thoughts are with you. I try not to be confrontational and I would walk away and start over. I always felt that if they don't want me, then I don't want to be there.

monster 04-12-2011 11:14 PM

Yebbut cold card cash makes the starting over easier.

Cloud 04-12-2011 11:15 PM

what?!!!! omg awful! being fired sucks so hard I can't even say.

:(

Bullitt 04-12-2011 11:33 PM

Sorry to hear wolf. Is PA an at-will employee state? If so then I'm REALLY sorry.

Undertoad 04-12-2011 11:36 PM

All I know is that I was allowed to file UI online for the first segment and then they changed to paper

It was not difficult to file -- it was always difficult to get real people on the phone if there was a problem.

Condolences over this injustice

tw 04-13-2011 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 722750)
I also have started looking for an attorney. I know shit-all about choosing an attorney, so if anyone knows one with termination-of-employment experience, it would be helpful.

Search for court trails that involve that particular type attorney. Go sit in some courtrooms to watch those esquires in action. Sometimes the good ones are obviously better.

casimendocina 04-13-2011 05:09 AM

Give it a bit of time (about a week if you can afford to) and direction (in addition to what other Cellarites have posted above) as to what to do next will come. Wish I could help on the legal side, but unfortunately, our system is different. :(

Griff 04-13-2011 06:38 AM

I'm sorry wolf. Its hard to get moving after something like this but you gotta.