The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Alec Baldwin is a scumbag (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13937)

rkzenrage 04-20-2007 03:38 PM

Alec Baldwin is a scumbag

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/img/sound...win/index.html

That kid should not have to speak to him if she does not want to, ever.

Sheldonrs 04-20-2007 04:15 PM

He is a scumbag and so is Kim Bassinger. How embarrassing for the kid that her Mom released the tape.

rkzenrage 04-20-2007 04:25 PM

Bassinger released it? Damn, she is nuts!

Happy Monkey 04-20-2007 04:27 PM

Divorce issues can get pretty ugly. He shouldn't take it out on the daughter, but we don't know what led up to this.

And I gotta say, I hope we never do.

rkzenrage 04-20-2007 04:31 PM

He said it, that she was not answering his calls.
So what?

Happy Monkey 04-20-2007 05:23 PM

When things build up, you may only mention the latest thing when you explode.

We know next to nothing.

BigV 04-20-2007 05:29 PM

How do you know the kid didn't release it?

Sheldonrs 04-20-2007 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 335900)
How do you know the kid didn't release it?

If she did, the family has even more problems.

rkzenrage 04-20-2007 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey (Post 335899)
When things build up, you may only mention the latest thing when you explode.

We know next to nothing.

We know what he said to his daughter...he s a scumbag.

I don't care if she's twenty an burneed his car to the ground... he's a scumbag.

Beestie 04-20-2007 10:40 PM

Any father that calls his daughter a pig is himself a pig.

monster 04-20-2007 11:09 PM

Hmmmm.

By what standards are you judging this guy? Do you know what the language norms are in the family? Do you know the history behind the scheduled calls? Do you know her? Do you know him? Yup, he lost his temper. This happens. It isn't good , but it happens. Who's truly ready to cast the first stone? Should he be better than everyone else because he's in the public eye? Should we really be entitled to view his personal fuck-ups because he's in the public eye?

No doubt, it's not a good father-daughter moment -has nobody else had one of these? I'm hot-headed -I've had plenty of mad moments with my kids. Beest (hubby) is as placid, easy-going and nice as you could ever want a person to be ....but he's had his fair share of rows with the sprogs too. But we're lucky, we aren't famous.

I've called my daughter far worse things than a pig. So has Beest. None have been inappropriate. But then we don't go the "bad words" route. Meaning and intent are what we care about. Yup, we're weird. If our kids are being bitchy, we tell 'em so. Pig would be pretty mild.

duck_duck 04-20-2007 11:15 PM

How horrible. There is no reason for this man to be talking to an 11 year old girl like that.

rkzenrage 04-20-2007 11:19 PM

Nope, never spoken to a kid like that, mine or anyone's, never. He did not only call her a name... it went far beyond that.
Yep... throwin' the stone.
He should not be around her until he gets serious help.
It is not about the words, it is about context, tone, what he was doing, why and how.
I don't care about "bad words".
Scumbag.

Big difference between saying "don't be a pig" and what he said and how.

duck_duck 04-20-2007 11:23 PM

I just heard on the news that a court temporarly suspended his visitation rights.

Beestie 04-20-2007 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 336025)
I've called my daughter far worse things than a pig.

I make a very clear distinction between what a mother can say to her daughter and what a father can say to his daughter. A father simply cannot speak to his daughter that way. A mother has considerably more latitude with her daughter - a little less with her son but father-daughter is, in my opinion, the most delicate of the 4 possible parent-child gender combinations. Especially a twelve year old. If she's 18 or 19 then she already knows who she is - no big deal but at twelve? I find that difficult to accept under any circumstances.

And let's not forget that they weren't in a heated exchange where sometimes things can get out of hand. He was the only one talking and he was talking to a recording device.