The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Quotes and Stuff (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=12106)

classicman 06-25-2012 12:43 AM

:eyebrow: :cool:

Gravdigr 06-25-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

"Bush was president, I thought, 'Be brave. Tie a bomb to your shirt. Insist on going to the White House. And I want to have a big hug with the vice president, definitely. And his wife, and the president, and his wife, and anybody else that can fit into the love hug,'"
Quote:

"And then we'll blow ourselves up, and I'd be a hero,"
Quote:

"It would have been a very brave and wonderful thing,"
On Newt Gingrich:

Quote:

"an idiot of great renown."

"There is something so hopelessly gross and vile about him that it's hard to take him seriously,"
Quote:

"I hate people,"
All ~Maurice Sendak

Gravdigr 06-25-2012 04:12 PM

Wow.

Gravdigr 06-29-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

"There's so much sand in these bunkers. There's just a lot of sand in them."
~Tiger Woods

John Sellers 06-30-2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

One should as a rule respect public opinion in so far as is necessary to avoid starvation and to keep out of prison, but anything that goes beyond this is voluntary submission to an unnecessary tyranny, and is likely to interfere with happiness in all kinds of ways.
Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness (1930) ch. 9

Gravdigr 07-03-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

"Few people in this world will ever have more influence on our lives than Andy Griffith. An actor who never looked like he was acting, a moral compass who saved as many souls as most preachers, and an entertainer who put smiles on more faces than almost anyone; this was as successful a life as is pretty much possible."
~Brad Paisley

Gravdigr 07-04-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day!
~ President Thomas Whitmore (from "Independence Day")

xoxoxoBruce 07-04-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

What is the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed - fully understood - that sticks; right in there somewhere.
Inception

infinite monkey 07-05-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 818384)
~Brad Paisley

I'm a noted Hatin' Hats and Fluff Country Music person. However, I do realize there is some talent scattered amongst the crap.

I don't really have much of an opinion of Brad except that my friends had me watch the Waitin' on a Woman video with Andy Griffith and I thought it was so sweet. Made me teary. Brad had due respect for a great man, and you can see it in his face. Good on you, Brad.

John Sellers 07-05-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

If one does not climb tall mountains, one cannot view the plains.
Chinese Proverb

DanaC 07-05-2012 02:34 PM

I like that.

Gravdigr 07-05-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 818582)
I don't really have much of an opinion of Brad except that my friends had me watch the Waitin' on a Woman video with Andy Griffith and I thought it was so sweet. Made me teary. Brad had due respect for a great man, and you can see it in his face. Good on you, Brad.

I don't like country music as a rule. But, now, Mr. Brad Paisley is one guitar picking mofo, when he wants to be. Having said that, I don't like the majority of his music.

John Sellers 07-06-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 818619)
I like that.

Ok, try this one:

Quote:

You can't see the forest for the trees.
You can't smell the shit on your knees!
Marilyn Manson; The Beautiful People

Gravdigr 07-08-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

A single byte of data is not a full meal...
~ Pete Zicato

jimhelm 07-09-2012 10:46 AM

The only thing worse than a cold toilet seat is a warm toilet seat.

•spoken in to my phone