The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Worst Way to Die (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=32270)

Griff 10-30-2016 03:36 PM

yeah, now we all got it

infinite monkey 10-30-2016 05:56 PM

Me too!

Clodfobble 10-30-2016 06:13 PM

Funny story: as Minifobette was going in for her sinus surgery last week, they asked if she wanted to watch anything on the nurse's phone while she fell asleep to the anesthesia. She blanked and couldn't name anything right away, so I asked if she wanted "Dumb Ways to Die," because it's one of the kids' favorite songs. And all the nurses looked at me like I was insane.

Gravdigr 10-30-2016 06:15 PM

Other Worst Ways To Die

Being beaten to death with a rubber chicken.

captainhook455 10-30-2016 08:23 PM

Clodfobble, you are as sick as I am. We be driving down the road and she will have to stop and urinate. I'll say well don't think of Niagara Falls, don't think of a dripping faucet, etc. Yep, two peas in a pod.

tarheel

Carruthers 11-18-2016 02:04 PM

And it still happens....

Quote:

Man's body 'dissolved' by Yellowstone hot spring after seeking place to swim

Colin Scott, 23, was looking for a ‘hot pot’ to swim in with his sister
Rescuers concluded that extreme heat and acidity dissolved remains

An Oregon man who died and “dissolved” after falling into a boiling, acidic hot spring at Yellowstone national park last June had been looking for a place to swim, officials investigating the incident have concluded.

Colin Scott, 23, was hiking through a prohibited section of the park on 7 June with his sister, Sable, when Scott fell into a hot spring “and did not get out”, according to a report released by the National Park Service on Thursday.

Deputy chief ranger Lorant Veress told a local news station, KULR-TV, the pair were searching for a place to “hot pot”, the illegal practice of swimming in one of the park’s thermal features.
Quote:

When park officials arrived, portions of Colin Scott’s head, upper torso and hands were visible in the hot spring.

“Due to the report of the individual not previously visible, a lack of movement, suspected extreme temperatures, and indications of several thermal burns, the subject was determined to be deceased,” US park ranger Phil Strehle wrote in a 9 June report. A v-neck-style shirt was visible, he said, and “what appeared to be a cross was visible and resting on the subject’s face”.

Rescuers were unable to safely recover Scott’s body, due to the “volatile” thermal area and an incoming lightning storm. When officials returned the following morning, Scott’s body was no longer visible.

“The consensus among the rescue/recovery team … was that the extreme heat of the hot spring, coupled with its acidic nature, dissolved the remains,” a report said. A wallet and a pair of flip-flops belonging to Scott were recovered.
Complete article at The Guardian. dated 17th Nov.

Flint 11-18-2016 03:10 PM

Do you think he dropped acid before dropping into the acid?

Gravdigr 11-18-2016 11:26 PM

Booo. Hiss, booo.

elSicomoro 11-20-2016 06:02 PM

I almost lost an eye 6 years ago to MRSA...if that shit would have spread and killed me, that would have been an asinine way to go. "Well, I had a sty on my eye that turned into an abscess which turned into staph, THEN became MRSA in the hospital..."

monster 11-20-2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 972397)
Funny story: as Minifobette was going in for her sinus surgery last week, they asked if she wanted to watch anything on the nurse's phone while she fell asleep to the anesthesia. She blanked and couldn't name anything right away, so I asked if she wanted "Dumb Ways to Die," because it's one of the kids' favorite songs. And all the nurses looked at me like I was insane.

Beest wore his RIP tombstone paintball shirt when he went in for some pretty serious surgery last year.... (RIP = Ref In Play)