The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I think all men should be able to wear concealer (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13931)

Cloud 04-20-2007 09:55 AM

I think all men should be able to wear concealer

makeup for men

and how I love a man in eyeliner. But that's another story :D

Shawnee123 04-20-2007 10:00 AM

I think all men should be concealed, silent unless spoken to, barefoot and in the kitchen, and rich. :D

Man in eyeliner: did you love this guy as I did (back in the day?)

Sundae 04-20-2007 10:16 AM

Men won't thank us if wearing makeup becomes the norm...
It stops being "freedom" and starts being a chore the same morning you fancy an extra 15 minutes in bed.

Anyway, women don't place as much importance on looks as men do.
I'd rather have a man who looks like he's just fallen out of bed all day than one who has perfect skin right up until he gets caught in the rain...

Griff 04-20-2007 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 335669)

I'm calling you on this one. I think women dress and paint for (or against) other women more than for guys.

BigV 04-20-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

I'd rather have a man who looks like he's just fallen out of bed all day than one who has perfect skin right up until he gets caught in the rain...
:confused:

So, you, a woman, don't place as much importance on looks as we men do. Therefore, what? You go to the extra trouble to wear more makeup (than men do) because the men care more about looks? If you care less, why bother with the makeup?

And if you care less, why would it matter if the man looked scruffy all day, rained on and messy, or not?

Yeah, I'm confused.

Perry Winkle 04-20-2007 10:43 AM

I'm with those guys, SG. :eyebrow:

Shawnee123 04-20-2007 10:59 AM

I thought she meant that women care less about a man's looks than a man cares about a woman's looks. (And as with everything, there are many exceptions to rules.)

For instance, I don't give one rat's ass if a man is bald or not. Often I have trouble describing a man (did he have a moustache? I have no idea) not because I'm not observant but because I think I'm looking more at the whole person.

But yeah, us women and makeup. I wear it less than I ever did... but today I thought about trying to look "good" at work for a change. I still feel like a giant ugly witch, but that's another story. When I lose this extra padding and am once again a goddess, I'm interested to see what men will decide to give me the time of day. Then I can say "no thanks, you didn't want to revel in the amazing personality that is me before, you don't get to now." ;) Then I will bag the nearest sugar daddy I can find...and one more problem will be solved. Why not? Everyone I know does it.

Clodfobble 04-20-2007 11:00 AM

She's talking about the importance of looks in the other sex. Women will date an ugly guy if he has other redeeming qualities (like money, if you'd like to be an equal-opportunity-snarker.) Men, on the other hand, have terms like "butterface."

Edit: Oh yeah, and on the topic of male makeup: I had a boyfriend once who wore concealer (while I wore no makeup.) He also thought ponytails and tanktops were trashy, and would say things to me like, "You're not going out in that, are you?" Yeah, that one didn't work out so well.

BigV 04-20-2007 12:45 PM

Ok, I guess that makes sense, at least.

I don't particularly agree, but most of that is my contrarian nature, plus the fact that MrsV is the most beautiful woman in the world, and I just don't pay a *lot* of attention to the rest.

MrsV, on the other hand, has either poorer eyesight, lower standards or a generous and sympathetic nature. That, plus I make her look so good by comparison.

lumberjim 04-20-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 335722)

Edit: Oh yeah, and on the topic of male makeup: I had a boyfriend once who wore concealer (while I wore no makeup.) He also thought ponytails and tanktops were trashy, and would say things to me like, "You're not going out in that, are you?" Yeah, that one didn't work out so well.

Did he eventually meet Mr Right, and dump you?

Clodfobble 04-20-2007 03:04 PM

I dumped him, actually, and so far as I know he's still in denial. :)

lumberjim 04-20-2007 04:07 PM

funny...jinx and i both dated people that turned out to be gay before we got together.

Sheldonrs 04-20-2007 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 335879)
funny...jinx and i both dated people that turned out to be gay before we got together.

I "dated" a few guys who turned out to be straight.

Cloud 04-20-2007 04:14 PM

their loss, Sheldon

BigV 04-20-2007 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 335879)

Did he eventually meet Mr Right, and dump you, too?