The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Time for a loooong vacation (deployment) (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=15510)

minnmirman 09-27-2007 10:06 PM

Time for a loooong vacation (deployment)

Well I've only been marginally involved in this web community for a few short weeks now, but I've found it to be pretty great. Many of the conversations are intellectually enlightening, civil, and (most importantly) fun.
I've been in army for almost two years now. I'm an infantryman in the 101st airborne. We've been preparing for our impending deployment to Iraq for some time now, and it seems to have snuck up on me. I leave tomorrow morning.
I'm just writing to say you're all (as far as I know) great people and thanks for welcoming me into your community.
I have a website that i'll be updating as often as war permits, so if you'd like to read the (generally) objective viewpoint of someone doing the dirty work over there, check it out. The address is armedandapathetic.com so drop in and leave me a note whenever I figure out how to include a comments section.

-Jason

xoxoxoBruce 09-27-2007 10:12 PM

Keep your head down, friend. We'll be waiting anxiously.

zippyt 09-27-2007 10:45 PM

Be STRONG dude !!! trust your training !!! be safe , and hurry back !!!

orthodoc 09-28-2007 07:15 AM

Thank you for what you're doing. God bless and good luck, and come back safe.

Griff 09-28-2007 07:17 AM

Come home safe man.

monster 09-28-2007 07:19 AM

Hurry back.

SteveDallas 09-28-2007 08:29 AM

Be careful!

My nephew just left for his second trip to Iraq with the Rakkasans.

jester 09-28-2007 09:25 AM

Second the Thank You for all you & your buddies do. Be safe, we'll be thinking of you. Hurry back.

BigV 09-28-2007 09:46 AM

Buddy, if you think it's civil around here, you'll be just fine in Iraq.

I know you can't "hurry back", but dammit, *come back*. Come back healthy, safe, and whole. By the way, if you can update www.armedandapathetic.com from over there, you can stop in the cellar and give us all our own personal update as well. I promise you we're on pins and needles and a direct word once in a while will be enormously appreciated.

Plus, you could let us know how we could help you. It's a two way street. I want to help, all you have to do is ask.

Do the right thing, and then come home.

Clodfobble 09-28-2007 01:06 PM

Er, Griff, his site is www.armedandapathetic.com. :)

Minn, good luck to you, and definitely try to check in when you can.

lookout123 09-28-2007 01:18 PM

Quote:

Er, Griff, his site is www.armedandapathetic.com.
Er, Clodfobble, his name is spelled B...I...G...V...

but back to the subject, keep in touch, let us know how it's going and remember you've got the whole cellar behind you. and you've seen what a nasty bunch of SOB's we are.

Clodfobble 09-28-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123
Er, Clodfobble, his name is spelled B...I...G...V...

Ha! Crap. That's what I get. :blush:

lookout123 09-28-2007 01:44 PM

you are almost never wrong so i never have the chance to tease you. Here is my chance.

oh, and the naked communal picture.
and the picture of you pissing in the liquor store.
and...

I can totally see some newby in 2009 saying "clodfobble pissed in a liquor store?" and spending days searching for that picture.

DucksNuts 09-28-2007 11:10 PM

Be safe Jason...lemme know if you need any..err...aussie delights sent over from down under ;)

Crimson Ghost 09-28-2007 11:13 PM

Good luck, bro.

And remember, you're only ever 10 minutes from Squiggle.