The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's harshing your mellow today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18358)

footfootfoot 10-08-2008 09:13 PM

What's harshing your mellow today?

hmmm?

Shawnee123 10-09-2008 12:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
YOU!

LabRat 10-11-2008 02:04 PM

I just drove all the way across town to take my daughter to birthday party.

That isn't until tomorrow.

HungLikeJesus 10-11-2008 02:16 PM

When do you have to go back to pick her up?

lumberjim 10-11-2008 02:35 PM

LAF

lumberjim 10-11-2008 03:24 PM

so, we have this football throw thing in the showroom where if you buy a car, you get to throw from 15 or 20 feet at the big tarp sign thing.....and if you put it through the hole, you get $500. So, today, i finish with a customer, and as his salesman is not back from getting gas, I give the guy the football, and tell him how to do it.....the boss walks by as the guy approaches the line....and the guy hits it!

cool..$500 for him. so, the boss got all salty that he did, and that I didnt make a big enough production out of his throw to make him nervous, or attract enough attention.....( so ok, maybe he has a point) but that is kinda harshing my mello.

Cicero 10-11-2008 05:16 PM

Oh so you were supposed to jilt the customer out of a nice throw. I'm glad he scored. You have brightened someones day Jim.

Screw him (you know who) if he can't take a joke.

lumberjim 10-11-2008 06:20 PM

Well, he didn't say anything to me about it.

the salesmangler that should have been paying attention and having the customer throw the ball, and creating the excitement, etc.etc BEFORE they come into my office...came in and asked me to just call him to do the throws from now on.... I told him that he could eat a dick, and it would never come up again. If you resent it when a customer wins, why have the fucking promotion?

Pico and ME 10-11-2008 06:52 PM

MG Exactly.

I hate car dealerships....its like your entering enemy territory when you go buy a car.

When I bought my car, I had to actually walk out and get into my car and start to drive off before they would take the $100 doc fee off.

lumberjim 10-11-2008 06:54 PM

i hate customers like you. i'd have let you drive off.

Pico and ME 10-11-2008 06:54 PM

I know... but they didnt.

They made good money off of me, LJ.

footfootfoot 10-11-2008 07:05 PM

I bought my car using fightingchance.com
. Was very happy and the dealership was glad to make a sale.

lumberjim 10-11-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 492553)
I know... but they didnt.

They made good money off of me, LJ.

i bet they didnt.

but you probably feel like they did. that means they did a bad job selling you the car. they allowed you to shop for a good deal instead of a good car and a good relationship with the seller. its all perception. some people get the car at invoice, get the buy rate, refuse the waarranty, and are real pricks the whole way.....and they are ALL sure that they still got fucked somehow. If the dealer made a dollar, it's a dollar they lost. It's a shitty way to be. the dealer incurs a lot of expense putting their business together and providing you with a large selection of cars, financing options, staffing the place with people that help you through the process so that it's basically one stop shopping and can be done in 3 hours........

it cost us in the neighborhood of $400 to get a customer to walk through the door. not to buy, just to visit.....based on what they spend in advertising/up count.

If you got to the point where that doc fee was a deal breaker, i'm sure they lost money selling you the car. But dealers do it to themsleves. because theyre afraid that youll go buy elsewhere.

lumberjim 10-11-2008 07:12 PM

oh, and here it is at 8 pm on saturday nght. we closed at 6. ill be 3 hours after work for a customer that dicked around until 7 before they decidedd that they want to buy the car tonight.

if there is any way i can fuck these people out of something, i will be doing so.

Pico and ME 10-11-2008 07:16 PM

OMG make me cry...NOT.

LJ, it was a used Stratus..06 with 36,000 miles on it. Their deal of the day was pick any car and we will take $5000 off of what is left on the car (supposedly they were leases or something). They quoted me $15,000 I offered $12,000 with no additional beyond taxes and they jumped at it. Then they started adding stuff. I walked and they got me back.

Give me a break.