The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Cities and Travel (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Nawlins (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19278)

Trilby 01-17-2009 10:28 AM

Nawlins

I'm going Feb. 13 with my sister (who has a digital camera and is adept at putting said photos on the net) and I will be happy to post them here! We're staying at Maison Dupuy (prolly a tranny hotel, but, whatever) on Toulouse St. in the French Quarter.

Any Cellarites gonna be around?

monster 01-17-2009 06:13 PM

Flying or Driving?

Sundae 01-18-2009 04:36 AM

Make sure there is at least one picture with you in it Bri.
Or I will simply refuse to look at all the others!
Not fair that Juniper got to meet you and I, your long lost sister, is still in ignorance!

Obviously I won't be there, always excepting a lottery win of course, but I am most envious. Have a wonderful time, sweetie.

Trilby 01-18-2009 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 523426)
Flying or Driving?

Flying. The whole thing - flight and hotel (de tranny, I keed) is only 489/person. Pretty good. All we're gonna do is shop for magic stuff, try not to be mugged/murdered whilst visiting graveyards and REJOICE that we're not in OHIO in Feb. At least for a few days.

*hope Sully is our pilot :D

oh, yes, Sundae--I'll be the one hanging onto the Bourbon Street lamp post!

sweetwater 01-18-2009 06:19 PM

Take & post a photo of the Corn Stalk Fence, OK? I love that thing. And enjoy your visit.

monster 01-18-2009 08:12 PM

Shame, cause ZippyT is halfway between you and there and he is a way cool dwellar to meet....

You won't get mugged, but take usual tourist precautions. keep some singles handy away from your main stash of cash for the self appointed tour guides..... We loved Marie Laveau's store. The corn stalk fence was... well, just a fence -what so you like about it, sweetwater?

I love the iron railings, trellises and balconies in the French Quarter. And just the buildings there in general. Hurricane Eduardo who joined us there was not so awesome.

lumberjim 01-18-2009 08:22 PM

marti gras?

you'll be collecting beads?

sweetwater 01-18-2009 08:43 PM

monster, the corn stalk fence was so ... corny. My favorite attractions are those that are usually enshrined in the pages of Roadside America, so perhaps that's why I liked it. BTW, I have a photo of me taken alongside THIS corn. Do I have a thing for corn? :headshake
The fretwork on the old architecture was also wonderful, as were the hidden courtyards and - if I am remembering right - pots of bright flowers. But that silly fence is what I recall best.

monster 01-18-2009 09:47 PM

i LOVE Roadside America... that's how we plan our stops....

Trilby 02-11-2009 09:56 AM

I leave tomorrow night.

Taking Bloody Mary's Cemetery Tour; man, I don't feel up to this. It's 75 and HUMID there (it's like breathing water) and my sister, I think I've mentioned, treats these get-a-ways like the Bataan Death march. She's brutal in gettin' 'er done. I beg, I plead: "Katie! I can NOT see one more thing! I can NOT go one more foot! NO MORE VOO DOO SHOPS!" but it falls on deaf ears...and I limp behind her, wincing with lower extremity extremity.

Man. I'm already exhausted.

xoxoxoBruce 02-11-2009 11:16 AM

Take it at your own pace, with a map back to the hotel if she won't slow down. Have fun in spite of her. :D

Trilby 02-11-2009 01:20 PM

You're right, Bruce. AND I've just bought some Dr. Scholl's gellin' inserts so I'll be all set for the March! Going to Mr. B's and Cafe Amelie on Royal street, Court of Two Sisters, Petunia's (crepes!) and Marie Laveau's House of Hoo doo Voo doo.

OK!

Scopulus Argentarius 02-11-2009 10:05 PM

Good luck...Might be in the area myself this Saturday (Depends on finding a sitter for the kiddies)

Trilby 02-12-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scopulus Argentarius (Post 533539)
Good luck...Might be in the area myself this Saturday (Depends on finding a sitter for the kiddies)

OOO! It would be so cool to meet up!

Trilby 02-12-2009 07:18 AM

:biggrinje

:joint:

:ymca:

:drunk:

:biggrinha

:nuts:

:king:

:alien2:

I expect to see them all tonight.