The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Ancient Astronauts (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19762)

classicman 03-09-2009 07:59 PM

Ancient Astronauts

I was falling asleep last night watching the History Channel and they had a show on about Ancient Astronauts. There were some really interesting things that they brought up. They had found some ruins that we couldn't create even using today's technology and tools. They talked about "Baghdad batteries" and the ancient Egyptians using light bulbs to see in their chambers; some pyramids/ruins built which perfectly match the solar system and so on. I fell asleep and thats about all I remember. Anyone else seen anything about this? It was most interesting.

lumberjim 03-09-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 543393)
I was falling asleep last night watching the History Channel and they had a show on about Ancient Astronauts. There were some really interesting things that they brought up. They had found some ruins that we couldn't create even using today's technology and tools. They talked about "Baghdad batteries" and the ancient Egyptians using light bulbs to see in their chambers; some pyramids/ruins built which perfectly match the solar system and so on. I fell asleep and thats about all I remember. Anyone else seen anything about this? It was most interesting.

i fell asleep to the same program. i remember something about the egyptian and mayan pyramids having the same footprint and orientation?

classicman 03-09-2009 08:47 PM

Yeh - that was it and some place was made of granite stones that were cut so precisely... and some pics of lightbulbs on the walls in hieroglyphics or some shit.

I'd love to see it in its entirety

classicman 03-09-2009 08:51 PM

Oooooh found this link....

http://www.world-mysteries.com/fd_lamp.jpg

Aliantha 03-09-2009 08:53 PM

It must have been an interesting program to have had a 100% falling asleep ratio. :lol2:

Happy Monkey 03-09-2009 09:05 PM

If aliens came to Earth using Baghdad batteries, they must have been mighty impressive.

Beestie 03-09-2009 09:15 PM

I remember the big fuss about the so-called landing strips etched into the landscape (I think in Peru). They were supposedly for ancient astronaut space ships.

So lemme see if I get this. A spaceship capable of travelling trillions of miles through space and time needs a landing strip? Please.

I read all the Daniken books as a kid and remember just shaking my head in amazement at how anything can look like anything if the bias is strong enough.

classicman 03-09-2009 09:17 PM

lol - those were claimed to be used for light in the crypts and stuff. They used copper and some orange juice... something else. It was really cool. The guy on tv even showed one that worked.

ZenGum 03-09-2009 11:08 PM

We use shit like that as a stalking horse in our Argument and Critical Thinking courses.

You did well to fall asleep.

Beestie 03-10-2009 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey (Post 543430)
If aliens came to Earth using Baghdad batteries, they must have been mighty impressive.

They didn't come to earth using Baghdad batteries, they came to earth because they were told in an intel briefing that we had Baghdad batteries and they wanted to find them. They came, they looked and, well... they left.

Empty handed. :D

Spexxvet 03-10-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beestie (Post 543537)
They didn't come to earth using Baghdad batteries, they came to earth because they were told in an intel briefing that we had Baghdad batteries and they wanted to find them. They came, they looked and, well... they left.

Empty handed. :D

But first they used a date rape drug on a chick named Mary, and nine months later she had a kid that she named Jesus.

classicman 03-10-2009 12:06 PM

Does anyone even know the name of the show? I would like to see if I can order or rent it if possible.

Shawnee123 03-10-2009 12:14 PM

Ancient Aliens

It was initially tied around the book Chariots of the Gods. I saw almost all of it, until I forced myself to go to bed. It was interesting; I find that stuff fascinating anyway.

Here is the show, along with future showtimes. I'd like to catch it again. I was enthralled with the buildings somewhere made of intricate interlocking stone made from granite and some other substance they said was second only to diamond in hardness (so how did they carve it?) I think they were also saying that sometimes the materials were not to be found in the same region.

Here is the forum where people are discussing the show.

I definitely need to watch again.

No mention of the Outer Space Connection theory of December 24 (?) 2011, but that was more entertainment fodder for an 11 year old girl. ;)

dar512 03-10-2009 12:25 PM

Synchronicity.

I just watched Stargate over the weekend. One of the specials has some of that stuff.

Trilby 03-10-2009 01:16 PM

thanks, Shawnee - it's on my calendar of Things to Watch. :alien: