The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is there a Glitch in the Matrix... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20825)

Aliantha 08-10-2009 08:20 PM

Is there a Glitch in the Matrix...

...or am I going nuts.

I was driving home from the shops today with Max in the back when all of a sudden I didn't know where I was. It was kind of like I'd totally forgotten where I'd been and where abouts I was on the road home, although I could swear I was paying attention the whole time.

Has this ever happened to you?

bluecuracao 08-10-2009 08:28 PM

Yes...but only when I'm very tired and/or stressed. I may hallucinate, too. It's very unsettling!

Pie 08-10-2009 08:50 PM

Yeah, I've definitely had a few little 'absence' moments over the years. And no, they had nothing to do with alcohol! :rolleyes:

Pico and ME 08-10-2009 08:53 PM

I can get that way if I am sleep deprived.

Aliantha 08-10-2009 08:54 PM

Well it's nice to know I'm not the only one. Seems that the common denominator is sleep deprivation. Well gee, maybe that's my problem. Only problem is, I can't really do much about it right now.

No wonder time flies by when you get older. Bits of it just disappear into thin air.

zippyt 08-10-2009 10:07 PM

its called tunnel vision , i find I can drive for hours on auto pilot, the suddenly realize Im in a diff state and city

SteveDallas 08-10-2009 10:50 PM

Oh yeah, I've done it... I've been driving somewhere and had a quick sensation of not knowing where I was. It's passed quickly, so far. It's especially popular after orchestra rehearsal, when I'm driving home at about 10:15PM after a long day, and Im' on a curvy two-lane road with few lights. Considering that one stretch of it does look a lot like another, the "wait a minute, is this right? I must be lost! I don't recognize this!" moment seems closer at hand.

ZenGum 08-11-2009 01:12 AM

I just had a premonition of having deja vu about having amnesia.

Griff 08-11-2009 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 587126)
Has this ever happened to you?

...only when there's a homicide. Check the papers your subconscious might have taken care of some unfinished business.

Spexxvet 08-11-2009 07:41 AM

Yes, it's happened to me. Kind of scary. [/serious]

It's called alien abduction [/not serious]

Crimson Ghost 08-11-2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 587159)

Just forget about it.

TheMercenary 08-11-2009 03:13 PM

Hope you all are not having TIA's.

Aliantha 08-11-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 587159)

hardiharhar!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 587164)
...only when there's a homicide. Check the papers your subconscious might have taken care of some unfinished business.

You're freaking me out!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 587167)
Yes, it's happened to me. Kind of scary. [/serious]

It's called alien abduction [/not serious]

So are you!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 587254)
Hope you all are not having TIA's.

What's a TIA?

Seriously though, I'm a bit concerned. I think I'm going to go see a doc. It's happened a few times recently, along with some other stuff. I might need just a tiny bit of help right now.

richlevy 08-11-2009 08:01 PM

Wow. This might explain why we haven't had a Cellar GTG in a while. Noone can find it.

While I have occasionally blown past a stop or turn, I can't recall ever being so zoned that ended up miles and miles from where I was supposed to be. Getting lost doesn't count.

TheMercenary 08-11-2009 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 587284)
What's a TIA?

Seriously though, I'm a bit concerned. I think I'm going to go see a doc. It's happened a few times recently, along with some other stuff. I might need just a tiny bit of help right now.

TIA is a trans ischemic attack. A mini stroke that people can have repeatedly. Read more here:

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/tia/tia.htm

I use to work with a guy who had them all the time and you would be talking to him and he would just blank out. Like no one was home. He was having TIA's. Eventually he died from a stroke. Not to alarm you but it may be prudent to get checked out.