The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Design A Playground for Grownups (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=21441)

Juniper 11-20-2009 12:43 AM

Design A Playground for Grownups

I just had one of those oh, so fun Random Thoughts. Remember how much fun you had playing on the playground as a kid? (or with your kids?) But if you go to a playground now, there's only so much you can do. Your ass won't fit in the swings, unless it's the soft-bottomed kind that makes your legs sort of twist inward on themselves. You can't climb stuff like you used to, and you're probably too heavy for the slide. The monkey bars are my favorite -- I can finally get all the way across them. Yeah, 'cause I'm basically walking and pretending to reach for the bars. :right:

There's a playground near where we used to live that's all made out of heavy duty wood and actually has some adult-scale stuff to do. Like the spinny-tire thingy, some balance stuff, a sort of bouncy bridge. I like those wet playgrounds too, you know the kind with water spraying everywhere, except that I tend to trample kids when I get water in my eyes and they look at me like I'm some kind of nutroll.

To heck with the kids' stuff. If you were to design a playground Just For Adults - that is, a public, outdoor playground (so no sex stuff . . . I mean "adult" as in "adults use it" not in the NSFW sense) what would be there?

Let's encourage actual physical activity, and keep it in the spirit of the playground - nothing virtual, nothing passive. I mean, you know, big adult-scale see-saws, climbing walls, etc.

And . . . wouldn't that be COOL?

xoxoxoBruce 11-20-2009 12:52 AM

Design A Playground for Grownups

1 Attachment(s)
OK

DanaC 11-20-2009 05:31 AM

I saw a report years ago, can't remember where it was. There is a playground, designed for adults where older people can exercise with ease and fun. Had roundabouts and big swings and all sorts!

xoxoxoBruce 11-20-2009 06:12 AM

Yes, that was in England. Remember we were saying one of the women looked like SG?

Shawnee123 11-20-2009 10:59 AM

I love playing on playgrounds, still.

Last time I was crawling around on one of those playground structures and realized later there was a sign prohibiting an old fart like me from doing so. wtf? It's not like it couldn't hold an average adult. Eh, too bad...I played anyway.

Undertoad 11-20-2009 11:36 AM

Design a playground for grownups?

I did. You're posting on it. :D

Cloud 11-20-2009 11:49 AM

swings, def need swings!

ZenGum 11-20-2009 06:15 PM

I demand a giant ball-crawl.

TheMercenary 11-20-2009 06:19 PM

How about one of those places like you see those crazy Japanese people competing, running across moving bits and gettting knocked into the water. They have it on some comedy show where they over dub the audio with stupid stuff in English. That might be fun. An adult obstacle course.

jujuwwhite 11-20-2009 10:16 PM

There is a playground right next door to my work place with swings large enough for 'voluptious' women like myself. Over the summer when my work day ended at midnight, some of the other 'girls' and I would slip up to the playground and play like small kids on the equipment. It was wonderful to slip back in time to a place that was much more free and less restrictive of 'adult expectations'.

If I ever get filthy rich that is the first thing I plan on building in my backyard. A large playground with lots of swings, wide slides, sturdy tire structures for climbing, and right in the middle of the complex....a huge merry-go-round!!

All kids over the age of 40 are invited to come and play!

xoxoxoBruce 11-22-2009 10:07 PM

Hey Juniper, I found your playground. Kirk's a member of the Cellar, too. :cool:

monster 11-22-2009 10:37 PM

Fireman's pole into a huge ballpool.
zipline
big deep slide ...with cushions to slide on

jujuwwhite 11-22-2009 10:47 PM

In the summer time, a big water slide leading into a pool of jello! (uh oh...wrong playground) lol

Yznhymr 11-22-2009 11:45 PM

http://www.dogpile.com/clickserver/_...D&_IceUrl=true
Or better yet: NSFW

xoxoxoBruce 11-23-2009 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yznhymr (Post 610805)
Or better yet:

Tramps on an oline.;)