The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Merry Christmas! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28448)

Pete Zicato 12-25-2012 08:38 AM

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to the Cellar Gang.

BigV 12-25-2012 09:01 AM

workin on it.

Merry Christmas to all my friends. :)

Griff 12-25-2012 09:46 AM

Merry multiple Christmas threads!

limey 12-25-2012 10:00 AM

Merry merry Christmas Christmas!!

Sent by thought transference

orthodoc 12-25-2012 10:00 AM

Merry Christmas to all!

infinite monkey 12-25-2012 11:27 AM

Merry christmas!

Wish i could post a video. I can't stop listening to The Barenaked Ladies and Sarah MacLachlan sing God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings. Oh Ed robertson, you make me all squishy inside. Merry Christmas to you and yours. (Hoping he's googling his name today...hahahaha!)

Worth a listen
You musicians!

:)

jimhelm 12-25-2012 03:15 PM

Merry Christmas, pete!

Pete Zicato 12-25-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimhelm (Post 845285)
Merry Christmas, pete!

Thanks, Jim. I hope things are well with you and yours.

DanaC 12-26-2012 05:25 AM

Hope you all had a belting Christmas!

Trilby 12-26-2012 08:48 AM

we all went to see the Hobbit.

Now I'm all precious.

orthodoc 12-26-2012 08:56 AM

I was going to see the Hobbit tonight, but this winter storm is going to KO that idea. Guess I have to wait a day or two to become precious. Going to spend the day bringing firewood down from the hill!

Trilby 12-26-2012 09:03 AM

I really liked it. I love Gollum.

I"m going to do two sinks worth of dishes (no dishwasher) and then wash all my kids new bedclothes.

orthodoc 12-26-2012 09:07 AM

I'm going to reflect on how the amount of kitchen mess rises exponentially with the number of adult children home for the holidays; how the length of sleep-in required by said adults varies directly with the intensity of the need for firewood to be brought down the hill and inside to avert a cold house during the impending winter storm; how ... nah. I'm going to trudge up the hill, grab the firewood, dump it in the woodbox, and get the house warmed up. But I am NOT going to clean up the kitchen mess left by the sleeping adults. That is a dangerous, slippery slope.

Trilby 12-26-2012 09:09 AM

you know, that slippery slope?

I already slipped it. many years ago when I was young, dumb and full of energy.

I'll get him to shovel the driveway though. that'll help.

orthodoc 12-26-2012 09:15 AM

Heh, I slipped it for years. Got to where I'd leave the kitchen sparkling in the evening, go to bed, get up in the morning to find it looking like twelve dwarves had feasted and left ... clean it up, get irritated, ask them to clean up after themselves, rinse, repeat - until by the end of the holidays I had steam coming out of my ears.

No more. They make a mess, they clean it. The hard part is waiting them out. I just go outside, work in the den, whatever - I DO NOT make breakfast for them. They drift downstairs, realize there isn't a clean dish or pot and they can't eat until they clean, and voila. I drift back in and snag some breakfast that THEY made and then leave again.

To be fair - my kids did an awesome job with Christmas dinner yesterday. Totally nailed it. Did all the shopping and prep, cooking, plating, cleaning. I was so impressed (and thankful)! Yay adult kids!