The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   I'm Sorry. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29887)

fargon 01-31-2014 06:36 AM

I'm Sorry.

I do applogise (sp) I am leaving the cellar for a while. My beliefs and that of a lot of the Dwellers clash and I can not cause controversy and strife. You will be a lot happier with out me. I will not change my mind.
You all have shown me kindness and friendship over the years, and I appreciate it. I have gotten to know some of you quite well.
People tell me that I am easier to deal with when I am high all the time, but I can't do that any more, Social Security is threatening to start doing piss testing on disability recipients, and I can not afford to lose my disability. Thanks Obama.
I wish you all a good life and may all your hopes and dreams come true.
And once again I'm Sorry if I offended you.

glatt 01-31-2014 07:12 AM

If everyone who caused offense left, there would be nobody here.

People argue with you because they think you are wrong and they think that they can change your mind. If they didn't care about you, they wouldn't bother trying.

Stick around.

Sundae 01-31-2014 07:43 AM

Damn Fargon.
Now I have to go back and check all your posts to see what's riled you.

Seriously though, are we really that intolerant?

glatt 01-31-2014 07:47 AM

I think he's referring to his anti-gay comments in "where is this?" and the responses he got to those comments.

Sundae 01-31-2014 08:01 AM

Yeah I found it.
Sadness.

I'm sorry you feel hounded by our interpretation of inclusion, Fargon.
You always seemed like a decent chap.

Spexxvet 01-31-2014 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargon (Post 891614)
People tell me that I am easier to deal with when I am high all the time, but I can't do that any more, Social Security is threatening to start doing piss testing on disability recipients, and I can not afford to lose my disability. Thanks Obama.

That's not Obama, it's the repubicans.

Quote:

"I can't ask the Justice Department to say, 'Ignore completely a federal law that's on the books.' What I can say is, 'Use your prosecutorial discretion and properly prioritize your resources to go after things that are really doing folks damage.' As a consequence, there haven't been prosecutions of users of marijuana for medical purposes," Obama said.
Please stay, fargon.

Undertoad 01-31-2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae (Post 891618)
Seriously though, are we really that intolerant?

Not right now. Two years ago we were Spartans preparing for war. Today we are a pleasant little farming community.

Fargon is a guy who proudly stated his position, and then faced what, about five rather short posts of disagreement. Merc faced that every time he posted, for a long time. That's where we were two years ago.

And I can understand giving up when you run a gauntlet of haters every time you post, but this was nothing. If your views can't handle the challenge of cable TV, I don't think The Cellar, or even The Internet, is a place for you.

Happy Monkey 01-31-2014 11:05 AM

Quote:

I do applogise (sp) I am leaving the cellar for a while. My beliefs and that of a lot of the Dwellers clash and I can not cause controversy and strife. You will be a lot happier with out me. I will not change my mind.

I won't be happier. I enjoy a good debate. But you gotta do what works for you.

slang 01-31-2014 11:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

You've offended me greatly by being sorry.

I've already added your name to the cellar wall in my video so you can't leave. Don't make me delete it and re-render.

It's a PITA.

Gravdigr 01-31-2014 11:59 AM

Fargon, don't go. So everybody don't agree with ya, screw 'em. Me along with 'em. But don't take your ball and go home, man.

sexobon 01-31-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

... I am leaving the cellar for a while. ...

Make it a short while. :eyebrow:
Quote:

... I can not cause controversy and strife. ...

Must be one of them conscientious objectors, they’re even worse than teh gays. :rolleyes:
Quote:

... People tell me that I am easier to deal with when I am high all the time, but I can't do that any more. ...

Oh, don’t let that stop you from coming here. I’ll deal with your bad sober ass and I don’t mean in a gay way either. :cool:
Quote:

... I'm Sorry if I offended you. ...

The apology means nothing when you put it in Nothingland instead of Meta just to mock us. :(

Other than the above, have a good hiatus. Report back for dwellar duty around Valentine's Day: if you can't spread peace, you can at least spread a little more love. ;)

Griff 02-01-2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

You all have shown me kindness and friendship over the years, and I appreciate it. I have gotten to know some of you quite well.
I wish you all a good life and may all your hopes and dreams come true.

I hope you come back soon.

slang 02-10-2014 11:12 AM

(looks at wristwatch)

limey 02-10-2014 12:00 PM

I do hope he's not gone far ...

glatt 02-10-2014 12:56 PM

*snort*

no, just far gon.